Hockey? anyone?

EricJ

• Replies 691
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't care what you say, that was some good hockey right there! I didn't catch the Philly game, but sure loved the Habs game! And I am not a real fan of the team!

Boston and Canadian final would be sweet!

Reluctant to see an entire west coast final, I am too old to stay up that late! (and our morning edition paper is usually printed right at midnight).

We'll see. . . .

Well, if the away stats are any indication the 'Hawks are in for a trip to the cup!

They beat the Sharks 3 out of 4 in the regular season and are on a tear AWAY.

HOWEVER, this is the playoffs and all bets are off!

I am torn as well between the Habs and the Pens. I absolutely do not like the Pens, but really do not admire the Habs. . . GO HABS! Didn't need to think about it long!

Wow Massisve Cindy beating on ESPN and all the radio shows that KNOW hockey. Bet that feels nice.

You do have to wonder how he does not understand checking from behind is a penalty? While we do not understand why it took so long for his antics to finally draw one!

See you Cindy, now you can go wash the dirt off your face.

Flyers are my team and it's great to have seen them surpass everyone's expectations this series. I just wish they'd stop losing players left and right to injuries.

And above all else, regardless of who comes out of the east, thank god we won't have watch Cindy Crosby.

Here's hoping for a history making Flyer's team in game 7

I know this thread started a while ago, but I found it awesome that Malifaux stats were cooked up with a hockey backdrop

hockey is the only sport I make it a point to watch and follow

Edited by blakeh1

WOW! What a Collapse!

THE Boston B's go down to the Flyers after 3-0 in the series and 3-0 in the GAME!!

AGONY for the Flyers as they now face the Habs. . .

Chicago Habs in an Original Six Cup?

Wow, if Bettman had a once of hockey savvy he could really spin this. . .but no. Sadly, little Gary is not hockey savvy.

that was a pretty epic fail by Boston. I think a few years back when Boston was down 3-0 to the Yankees in the playoffs and won that series they might have thrown their Karma off a bit and this was the consequence? :D

Anyway, 1-2 seeds in the west, 7-8 seeds in the east, with the West being the tougher conference lately. I see a couple GREAT conference finals followed by what might be a relatively uneventful Cup final. But we'll see.

What I wouldn't give to hear Don Cherry right now!

The last time Boston threw away a playoff bid after being up 3-0 was when he was coach and they did it late in the third with a too many men on the ice call. . .Don got the axe.

Any HNIC fans, check in and let me know if Don had a comment!

Hopefully Chicago can continue to play as well as they did, or better. Not to be antagonistic but because Original 6 and all that. If the Habs go it is all Original 6 if not then it is Original 6 versus First expansion.

If the Sharks go, well, uhhh, they go. . .I suppose I would have to then hope for a good series.

Mtl sure looked like the 16th seed tonight. Hopefully they turn it around and take some steam out of Phila.

The Flyers are coming off a huge win on Friday and they really had some momentum while Montreal was sitting around getting rusty.

I don't think the Flyers will be able to steamroll them, I expect next game to be more of a challenge.

Of course having grown up in Philly I am a Flyer's fan, so I'm hoping the Flyer's go all the way. Even if they don't, that last series was satisfying enough.

What I found funny about last nights game was even while the Flyer's were up 3 or 4 nothing, they were still playing and acting like they were down 4-0. That one shot of Carcillo in the penatly box was amusing

That was the most lopsided opening game of a playoff series since something like 1919