Hockey? anyone?

EricJ

• Replies 691
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think that Dan Boyle own goal was a bit of a shot in the arm for the Sharks, turned the Avs series around for sure, as they got a good taste of how bitter a playoff loss can be, fortunately in a game that they could afford to lose...hopefully they don't forget that.

I think against the red wings they really could expose some weakness in goal, as unlike the 'Yotes, the Sharks can attack from all 4 lines with a ton of shots on goal. We'll see

Chicago better watch out though as well, the Canucks aren't going to be easy to get past, as their top line and goaltending each can steal games by themselves.

wings not make it through round 2....lol whenever they don't blow it in round one they ussaly end up in the final :notworthy I thought they we're done. Now I can clearly see the stanley Cup coming back home where it ussaly resides Michigan....ummm jus won't go to detroit uggg have you see that place :rofl:

Why you young whipper snappers!

I remember when hockey was played at Olympia and the teams marched through the concourse to get to the ice. Okay, I am a little after the chicken wire was replaced by glass. I was a Red Wings Fan before it was cool, before it was Hockeytown, when they were the Dead Things, When season's tickets were $500!!

I grew up within shouting distance of Canada, and where Canada is SOUTH of the USA. I prayed for winter so I could play hockey on the pond (with speed skates for 1/2 a year!!)

And I done good, as my three sons play hockey. One forward, one back and one in the net, (which is why I am in the poor house)!!

My motto is, always has been, always will be: GO WINGS!

When I figure how to post up pictures I 'll show you some!

And Eric has the nerve to say Sharks? Ahhh me, better than shouting Criesby I suppose.

That said, quite eloquently I must say, I will tell you I am a hockey fan second, Original 6, all the way. Bettman is an idiot for not putting the Original 6 up for the first games of the season and the last.

Now, before I get off my soap box. . .Hope you like the game we spotted you Eric!

(please note: nothing I say or write should be taken as mean spirited, rude,or flaming in any way, I just do love Hockey and all who play it, watch it, and love it as I do.)

GO WINGS!

?action=view&current=MVC-861S.jpg

http:

Ah good, I had sort of hoped some Wings fans would show up, no fun to discuss hockey with people who all cheer for the same team! There's no passion in that! Admittedly I haven't been a fan as long as some, but I've been a Sharks fan for as long as you could be a Sharks fan. I will admit though that the Wings are a big reason that Hockey became my #1 sport, watching the 8 seed Sharks upset the 1 seed Wings back in the early 90's was what did it.

That said...it is time for this Sharks team to step up, and get through round 2, lol

Oh, and for those Hawks fans who aren't watching the game...it's not good news :(

If true and honest refs show up for game 2 it could doom the Sharks! LOL.

Seriously, Tripping? Cross Checking? Okay maybe a high stick on the second, but the mandatory draw blood with the stick and go for four minutes was totally ignored, and that is not right.

Might not have caused the game to go the other way but my gosh.

Now if the darn Habs would just play some hockey and eliminate the Pens I would do a happy dance! Maybe the Flyers want the chance though, but they better watch that Savard guy. . . .