Hockey? anyone?

EricJ

• Replies 691
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It would appear that when Steve Yzerman left Detroit for Tampa Bay, he took more than just himself.

He took the heart right out of Detroit. Tampa Bay is playing like this matters, Detroit is not, with the exception of Jimmy Howard, the only Wing to actually step up his game.

Bruins up 2 to 0 against the Flyers after a 3 to 2 win in single OT!

That last goal had me up out of my seat staring at the screen mumbling something about "that went in, that went in". XD

But it was close, the Bruins looked like they were getting really run down in OT, couldn't clear their zone. Thomas though was a brick freaking wall! over 50 saves during the game, thats insane!

I've been avoiding this thread because I figured if I did things differently than previous years, maybe the sharks wouldn't choke this year...However, the whole team seems to have a different feel to it. They got outplayed for large parts of the game last night, but found a way to win, something they've never done in the playoffs, and now they've done it 2-3 times already this year...things feel different...I just hope it's not a "choke different" type of thing, lol.

And Tampa does seem strong, and it does seem that perhaps the Capitals have taken the choking presure off the sharks, and Ovechkin has taken it a bit off big Joe, who actually has been stepping up big time this year.

What surprised me though is that TB is getting massively outshot each game (by nearly 9 shots/game). That could come back to haunt them if they run into a real hot goalie (Thomas?).

I've been avoiding this thread because I figured if I did things differently than previous years, maybe the sharks wouldn't choke this year...However, the whole team seems to have a different feel to it. They got outplayed for large parts of the game last night, but found a way to win, something they've never done in the playoffs, and now they've done it 2-3 times already this year...things feel different...I just hope it's not a "choke different" type of thing, lol.

Yeah Sharks are doing quite well for themselves, I'm still rooting for both the Sharks and Wings but I think the Sharks may pull through on it.

Soo.... How about them Bruins XD

Poor Flyers got crushed last night by the mighty bear. Thomas was fantastic as usual, I couldn't believe how far he came out of the net to challenge the rushers.

Do things different? Egad man WHY?

Got the playoff whiskers growing. . .drinking from the Stanley Cup Champions mug (circa 1997 seems to have the most mojo. . . ).

Yet. . .(The most famous quote of all in Star Wars) . . . unsettled. . . as if there is a disturbance in the Force. . .

The Wings are just not clicking. They heart and soul isn't there. The motions are not as crisp not as urgent and that is not a good thing.

Though I vow that I will continue to watch the playoffs and finals no matter what, this is Hockey we are talking about after all.

3-0. . .3-1. . .3-2. . .3-3. . .The worse period for the Wings is the third.

But hope springs eternal, they started the season coming from behind to force overtime and found a way to win. Perhaps that is the way of it now?

The game winner was a pretty a goal as you could hope for. . .by the third line. Even so, I did not breathe the entire 1:27 left. . . just because it was the third period.

Nashville wins in regulation.

And the thread grows silent. . . If one claims be a Hockey fan they should never pull the covers over their heads and hide. . . Have the death marshalls put you all in the box?

I understand the penguin fans being so demoralized but the rest of you?

Down 3-1 in the third. . .San Jose was turning off the lights. One Teeny Tiny problem, The Wings were not done.

Calling forth the team from the start of the season, they battled back and won.

Hey, Hey, Hockeytown!

Game 6 Tuesday and the best part is we will not hear or see doc emrick.

Well I'm from Canada where hockey is liked I guess you could say.

I played provincial/ competitive all through high school but my university fails pretty badly in this department. Despite liking hockey, I have difficulty watching it, as with all sports for me XD

Regards,

TV

For any real hockey fan I would recommend you to Mike Babcock's after game comments. . . some of his during game comments are classic as well. . .

When asked why Datsyuk did not take a face off in game 5 Babcock looked puzzled. "Really? He didn't? Let me look. . . "*shuffles papers* "Huh. That is some investigative reporting there. . . I wonder why he didn't, he is our best face off man. . . Next question."

On the bench during Game 5, Panger asks about Howard playing well, "Damn good thing too, the rest of us are not playing at all."

It may have turned out to be the best series we'll see in our lifetime. 2 teams playing at an extraordinarily high level and putting everything on the ice. A single mistake one way or the other changes each game. And it was officially the closest Playoff series in the history of the NHL with 6 one goal games (and really without the empty netter at the end of game 6 it would have been all 7), and the previous high was 5 one goal games in a series.

Just good hockey.

(ps, I'll help out with the avatar :D)

Edited by EricJ