Campaign rules

AmishLuvah

I lurrve maps; drool! :bounce:

Unique models and Masters should be allowed recovery flips after games, (another bonus could be better flips for survival?) As the range grows and there are more characters and minions to choose from, the dead can stay that way (except for resurrectionists of course) but for now, models need the chance to come back, else it'll be a short campaign of pain.

Maybe simelar to Necromunda, (1 = dead, 2-4 wounded, 5-6 ok,) or BJ = very dead! 1-8 = dead, 9/10 = wounded, 11+ ok, RJ = extra life or another bonus?

I like the Dogs of War idea used in Confrontation before Age of Ragnarok came out. It did allow for some uber characters, but you had to work hard to get it and/or took a long time to get your whole warband to be nasty. Could be toned down by allowing you to create a generic master for a given faction - then keep the minions the same (for now).

For location, you could be out in the Quarantine Zone - it's pretty big in Malifaux, doesn't go against the fluff and all the factions have a reason to be there.

I like the recovery idea after the game and the ideas on Unique characters. Maybe you could make the Black Joker be dead, 1-5 is ok, but auto test for death after your next game whether you use the model or not, 6-10 half wounds in the next game, 11+ fully healed, Red Joker fully healed, auto heals after next game or xp bonus or an extra/free :mali+fate to use once durning the next game...

I also like the campaign to have bonuses for when you control certain things. Also its fun to have the campaign progress to larger SS battles as it goes on. Weather effects and political effects like increase or decrease in Wp with fluff is always a nice addition as well. Scenario add on is great too. Imagine if you roll the treasure scenario and you get a +2 to your CB when you have the treasure because its a magical pendant of accuracy etc. Another thing to consider is that if you give bonuses for one side other players should get different bonuses to balance out the play.