Play Styles

Johnny Sick

So I'm going to purchase a couple box sets as soon as they become available. I'm going from a strictly visual stand point in my selection. I want to paint the zombie punks or the Belles, just because George Romero brainwashed me.

So I decided to get a set from the Resurrectionists, and can't choose between Nicodem and Seamus. I was wondering if I can get just a brief description of the 2's playstyles. Is one melee and the other spell oriented? Just a brief description would work.

I'll order the book with the box set, saves on shipping costs. If I can build interest then maybe I can just pick it up at the local shop. Thanks all.

Nicodem is a resser and a pretty good one at that. He has 2 AoE rez's / Summons. And with you can make punk zombies, belles, and even necro punks. So a good chance to buy and paint a lot of models. However to balance him he is really weak. And can't take a lot of hits.

The Mad hatter is more combat oriented, however his spells really focus on moral and control. The control represents his ability to have bells move with him, get summoned, or make the enemy stop moving. That's also what the bells do too. So a lot of "nope your guy moves here, or runs away from fear."

What he said

Nicodem is purest summoning RES. He has one really good offensive spell but for the most part he is best kept in the back making more friends. Someone else called him an attrition master and that sums it up best. You just keep summoning models and wear down your opponent, while using things like your Vultures to cast your spells all over the board.

Seamus on the other hand is an in your face Master. He has a good ranged attack but is great in melee. And he is so very hard to kill. He works best though with his belles swarming and killing on tough opponent at a time.