Warlands - Buggies

In the future the only way to get gasoline is with a gun

No one can seem to remember exactly how it started or indeed how it ended. But it did…

Now decades after the last war, mankind fights for survival on the battlefields of a post-apocalyptic earth. Warlands pits the last human survivors against each other and the unnatural horrors that breed in the wastelands and dead cities. Strap yourself in for high octane action - from small-scale skirmishes to epic battles, the Warlands sing with the screams of the dying and the roar of machines…

Full Throttle Vehicular Combat!

Warlands is a turbo-charged miniature game of cinematic combat set in the ruins of a post-apocalyptic earth. Where the last remnants of man battle for supremacy and resources against mutants, the dead and each other! Where warriors of the wastelands want but one thing, the black gold, the guzzoline!

Scale 20mm

yhst-77590103967523_2069_395836

yhst-77590103967523_2069_924180

1x Weasel Scout Buggy with Rocket Launcher and crew

Vehicle Accessories (Baggage, plating)

All models are resin with metal accessories and are 20mm scale.

ABGWLSP001C - $11.99

yhst-77590103967523_2069_554028

1x Weasel Scout Buggy with Spud Autogun and crew

Vehicle Accessories (Baggage, plating)

All models are resin with metal accessories and are 20mm scale.

ABGWLSP001D - $11.99

Link:

http://store.aberrantgames.com/

Aren't these the same "buggies" that were released in the box set??? So instead of releasing new vehicles for people to "ooohh" and "aaahh", Abberant is just putting a seperate SKU on an existing product... I just don't understand their logic of doing this, when they are trying to create a buzz about their new game.

Guess it is just par for the course with the guys at Ab.

No way, they're tiny! I got the Warlands box and it's really good fun, although since Aberrant seem to be doing little about keeping the buzz going (aside from the delicious illustration of the Lotek Scorpion) I've kinda lost interest until the book is available.

Their release schedule seems to be a buzz kill....

It's too bad, as they have some really cool stuff.

I was a huge fan of Rezolution, both as a game and a setting. But the company's support dwindled to nearly nothing. Shame. I don't get why they don't see it.

I second that. I introduced a number of players to Rez and then Abberant all but dropped the game. They claim to have forthcoming releases, but it has been close to a year since they released anything for the game.

As I said in the past, I hope Warlands does well, as I see a market for a car based game, but it has been several months since they released the initial box set. Since then, they released a limited "Rattler" truck, but that is it. Now, they are just re-releasing the initial stuff, but with a seperate SKU... Seems like they are basically shooting themselves in the foot (again).

I don't have any corroboration for this, but one of the Aberrant crew mentioned to me in the course of my interviews with them at Gen Con that orders for the Warlands battleboxes have been running at triple what they had expected (and budgeted for). Since it can take 90 days or more to get paid for the product you ship, they may be in the midst of a cash crunch that will improve in a few weeks and allow them to spend some money on getting new product out.

That's not what gamers want to hear, of course. We all want everything right now, but the economics don't always work out that way. I think Warlands can be a really successful game, but it may take a little while to really gain momentum. It's going to need the full rulebook and a steady stream of new toys to really catch on in a big way. Can Aberrant manage that? We shall see.