Uploading Pics Generally

v22TTC

I asked about this a while ago but I'm as daft as a brush when it comes to computers and digital doings.

I know you can upload directly to a gallery when there's a competition on (and have) but if you just wanted to show a random mini in the Showcase bit, can you upload to the users' galleries?

If you need something like Photobucket as an intermediary, can anyone recommend a good (free) one - that won't randomly delete your stuff, and is the most generally accessable on forums to all different types of computer setups... you know, to avoid the whole 'I can't see any images' thing?

Will really need to know this in a few weeks when I move into my new place and can finally get some freaking peace!

So, is the procedure exactly the same as when uploading to a competition (but clicking the relevant section)? And it'll come up in the Showcase bit?

Sorry man, I'm clueless....

[Think I got confused by the answers a while ago about most forums not being geared up for images - I guess you're saying that Wyrd's different? I just don't want to get all excited about having stuff finished and run full tilt into the inevitable - for me - computer barrier.]

Upload it to your members section and then you can copy and paste the code wherever you want to show it off - for instance, if you upload it to your members gallery and want to show it off in the showcase forum, just copy the location of the image, create your thread, paste your URL info and it'll show up in your thread.

Bit like photobucket, just that your uploading it up to the Wyrd server for storage.

Gotcha! Pretty sure I actually completely understand that, cheers! First shall be a Wyrd mini, in tribute Sir!:)

EDIT: On re-reading, could seem I'm being a bit sarky - is genuine, heartfelt thanks and amazement that it's that easy. Them 'puters is a capricious bunch....

Edited by v22TTC