Gor-Gor WIP (Or: Bexley tries to sculpt.)

Bexley

gorgor_wip.jpg

My first attempt at sculpting anything (though, it is about half metal parts) outside of belt buckles or beets. It's my Beast of Nurgle proxy for my Nurgle/GWAR Blood Bowl team. It could be better- I mean, my sculpting ability is limited, but I'm not putting as much effort into this as I might if it were for a contest or show. Mostly because my personal goal is to get my BB team painted up as quickly as possible. I spent hours and hours on each of the figures for my Skaven team last season, and not only did I not finish them all before the finals, the ones that did get finished got all chipped up. BB is a little rough on minis, especially if you have a team that spends most ofthe game face down on the pitch.

The rest of the team is finished and painted. Once this is done and painted, the team will be complete, and I'll probably put up some pictures. You know, before they get all chipped up and wrecked.

And a sneak peek of the rest:

GWAR_bb_preview.jpg

For the record-

1. In order to not take forever, as I have a habit of taking years to get armies done, I've limited myself to no more than one hour of painting for each figure.

2. Yes, that's a lot of gore, and gore is a cheap and easy trick. However, if you're familiar with the source material, you could easily argue that it's not enough blood.

• 4 weeks later...

They'll be playing here November 1st. It will be extra special, as it'll be my son's first GWAR show. If only they were still doing the World Maggot- I could have them feed my son to it.

Gor-Gor is about 90% sculpted, and everyone else but Jizmak (Oderus, Beefcake, Balsac, and Jizmak are my Nurgle Warriors, helmeted GWAR slaves are my Pestigors, unhelmeted GWAR slaves are my Rotters, and Gor-Gor is my Beast of Nurgle) is done. Work and life have been crazy busy as of late, so I haven't done a lot since posting these.