I like Zombie movies ....

I think 1st person filming really has some great merit. I understand it has been a bit overused at times, but it's a reflection of our society. How often do you go somewhere touristy and see someone filming everything (but not really enjoying it, just filming it)...

Zombies are so creepy because they represent that slow, relentless march towards death itself....But I think fast movie zombies are fantastic too...they just don't build the tension as much.

• 3 months later...
  • Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sorry to bring this back from the dead....but it is a ZOMBIE thread afterall, and no one has given it a headshot!

I just watched DIARY OF THE DEAD this weekend.

Uff...that was awful. So contrived and poorly written....

Anyone see Quarantine yet?

Also, with the WALKING DEAD (graphic novel) I finally broke down and bought the next two in the series (I'm still behind by a few books)....It's not getting any more cheerful! But, they do capture that impeding fear very well. Still highly recommended!

Casey and I have decided to go the the theatre and she's going to see the Bee's movie (some chick flick about knees or something), while I go to Quarantine, just haven't found a day yet.

I recently saw Diary of the dead also, and agree that it was relatively poor.

Still wondering if Stone's War will ever come out...

Here is my two cents worth on movies not mentioned:

Zombie Strippers = a good movie as a fun poke at zomie flicks

Return of the living dead - necropolis = Terrible... throwing a shotgun instead of shooting it, means more brains for the zombies.

Dead and Breakfast = good movie worth a watch.

Ed and his dead mother = another fun movie

this one is a "no brainer" (sorry for the pun) Zombie Penguins = it SUCKS!! We had it playing on the way to Gen Con. I wasn't even watching and it sounded bad.

There is one out there called Special Dead but I have not seen it. Yes that is special as in short bus special.