Looking for a T-Rex.

Bexley

I need a T-Rex model. There are a few out there (including a very nice looking one sculpted by Dragonforge) but the ones I've seen won't quite work for me. I intend to use it as a Blood Bowl player, and so it needs to be relatively small. At least, relatively small compared to most T-Rex models out there. I will be proxying it as a Beast of Nurgle, so it should be larger than a standard 28mm figure, but not so much that it takes up significantly more than one space on the Blood Bowl board- if it fits on a 40mm base without much overhang, it'll work. Cartoonish looking is better than realistic.

You know... maybe I will PM DF and see what his commission rates are for sculpting... or learn to sculpt myself.

Anyway. If you've seen something out there that might work, let me know.

Edited by Bexley

In addition to Jeff's T-Rex Reaper also has a Carnosaur, which is a similar build to a Rex. I don't know the exact size of it off-hand (if you go ask on Reaper forums someone probably would go measure it for you), but it fits in one of their regular blister packs and costs $16, where Jeff's is boxed set size at $40. A regular person costs around $5 if the metal costs give you an idea of the scale. They've got a Raptor, too, but it's probably too small and not the right shape. You could also try looking at toy dinosaurs, some of them might be detailed enough to look decent and there'd be a variety of sizes.

Hm. It doe slook good, but like most, it would take up way too much room on the pitch to be functional. Doubly so when prone, as it would easily cover several squares.

I realize that a figure that will work likely doesn't exist, I'm just hoping that maybe somebody somewhere saw one that would work.

Heh- I wonder if there are any 15mm historical caveman games. (Yeah, dinosaurs didn't exist at the same time as cavemen.... but the scale would probably be perfect.)

I have what you need :

http://www.copplestonecastings.co.uk/range.php?range=HA

reference K11 or even K36.

I think they are the smallest pewter T-Rex you could find as I have many different T-Rex.

You can see one here next to a 28mm miniature (K11):

http://www.displacedminiatures.com/Grimm/image.html?galleryId=2671&imageId=26741

And have a look at this gallery :

http://www.displacedminiatures.com/Grimm/images.html?galleryId=2671&from=+My+Jurassic+Park

Ooh! That K11 is 95% what I need. I think I can adjust the pose so it is more upright, and maybe bend the tail around a bit so it doesn't stick out so much (a Godzilla-like stance is kin d of what I'm looking for) when the figure is placed prone. Thanks!

Now I just need a 28mm 8-cylinder engine to stick in his head.

Edited by Bexley