My first attempt at a Wyrd mini

firesion

2296258531_1dd71a1484.jpg?v=0

Also my first post. I have only really started painting minis for about a year. If I get time to do serious work I will usually do oil and canvas. Did this one today start to finish during a work meeting with the guys in EMEA. Trying to get the entire skirmish group my wife so lovingly got me for V-day done. I buy her flowers she gets me miniatures a good deal if you can get it.

Yeah, that is a good deal!

You've got the right idea here, but I think the thing you should work on is the 'transition' between the colors. With a thin wash mix of your two basic colors, try and blend that seam in a bit...the more seamless you make the transition, the better the overall look will be.

But, there are many more folks with much better painting chops than me to share their thoughts, so listen to them more than me!

Welcome to Wyrd btw, and hope to see more stuff out of you soon!!

That's a very good deal.

Welcome to the forums!

Overall, the mini looks good; nice, clean paint job. As Vike said, the transitions could be a bit smoother and his suggestion of using a wash is a good one. You could also trying layering thin coats of paint to help ease from shadow to highlight (something I'm still trying to get the hang of). Still, it's a nice paint job.

that's a good start...The main thing and always the trickiest is the colours are in the right places and it's certainly a nice selection of colou for her...

to ease down the transitions just try this first...

Mix a colour up in between the highlight and the basecoat of the trousers...Thin this mix with clean water... Your aiming for about 5 parts clean water to one part paint.. Till the paint is fairly transparent..

Now glaze the whole of the trouser area ..To apply the glaze load the brush..not too heavy.If you tip the brush bristles down and tap the handle and a droplet forms you have too much..

try about 3 or 4 passes with that colour and see how it goes..

The same thing can then be tried on other areas... but see how the trousers go first...

good luck.