Ral Partha Ravenloft mini

Howdy all,

So, with summer here, i've got more time to paint... so I just randomly grabed a mini off my wall o' minis and painted him up. He's almost done, but I would love to hear some suggestions on where to go and what I may need to do to improve him.

I'm at a loss for the base. I think I'll just make it a gravel/grass thing, unless someone can come up with something different.

Comments and suggestions wanted and welcome.

27.jpg28.jpg

This is a really cool mini actually - well, minus the ape legs, that is kind of stupid IMO, but that's Ravenloft for you.

Really like the traditional gothic colors and the look this guy has. I most certainly wouldn't do a grass/gravel base as this guy is very much the Victorian Gothic so give him something like a cobblestone base, or if you can put him on a larger base, something like a lamp post, or even a dungeon decor as it looks like this fella would most certainly enjoy it.

Yeah, have to say that I'm with Jim on this one, the cape the first time around looked a lot better, like this one has been taken up a notch 'too' far. Maybe give it a black wash again to bring it back down a touch?

Anyhow, still like it, good color choices and a fun miniature it seems. Still not a fan of the gorilla legs though. :D

I think it may be over exposure on the photo? Dunno.

Like the gothic look too, however, for a base I would have went with some stone tiles/cobbles for a more traditional "gothic" city look.

The ape legs are wrong on this mini, totally out of character for it. Again though, without the ape legs the arms would be too long, the hands too big etc. so maybe it was not really too bad a job on the sculpting. Still, ape legs?? Wierd. Back to topic, nice job!!