Orc Shaman - Felix Panguara

EldinTux

Thanks for the comments. I am experimenting with the highlights at the mo. Finding it hard though, I know matty & I have had a discussion before on 'going too far' & making the figure look to cartoony. Just to put you in the whole picture, I am colour blind so rely heavily on other peoples opinions as to the overall effect. If I go too quickly to highlighting I normally get the fixed smile kinda praise. You know the one that means, what the hell have you done to it!!! But I'm getting there. I'm in the middle of doing a GW Gobbla at the mo. I will put a picture up when it's done, I think the highlighting is better but I let you decide.

Hah, fixed face smile - gotta love it.

I usually line up my paints in the three palets that I want as well as black and white and then start with my base coat of black on the skin, then the base color green (for the gobbo) and take it up till the last color, then a small amount of white or yellow (since they are gobbos) and then do a wash on all the skin with the first base green to tie it in.

Granted, I'm not a great painter and its been over a year since I've picked up a brush, but that worked well for me at the time.