Spiderman III - Possible Spoilers

So the kids have been really looking forward to Spiderman III and with all the hype, I've gotten rather interested in it as well even if I do think that Peter is a bit whiny.

Went and saw it, 2.5 hours and I'm thinking that it could have been cut down to 1.5 or even 2 at the outside. Lot of stupidity involved in this and although it did have some neat scenes, it almost seemed like a chance for someone to show off their special effects more than anything.

Venom was sort of an afterthought. Liked it overall, but .. meh. Sandman, sort of a neat idea but again .. meh. Peter being a peckerwood - expected ... meh. Now I did like the new Green Goblin (Harry) but of course they pissed that away, but sort of liked the new gadgets he used.

Overall a solid 'meh' from me. I'd watch it on video though.

Did see the new Harry Potter Trailer though and I have to admit I'm a bit of a Potter freak. Yet to read the books which is pretty surprising as much as I read, but I've watched the movies and enjoyed all of them quite a bit. New trailer looks pretty damn good to me.

http://www.apple.com/trailers/wb/harrypotterandtheorderofthephoenix/