HF Barwench

gi6ers

I'd say the skin coloring is rather yellow, but given your background I'm not sure if that's just teh photography. On a technical level, the mugs look good and the skin has the right depth to it, but the green cloth needs a smoother transition between the darks and the base color on the green. You could if you prefer add highlight to it, but basically it looks blocky because there's only two colors there and they are distinctly different colors with no transition. The reds could use either another shadow or another highlight, but it isnt quite as abrupt to the eye because the red tones are much closer to each other.

I hope that helped, I'm going to so atempt to keep my sinuses from exploding my head now.

While I am on the subject on photography, I have a 3MP Olympus, 3 white light lamps and my photos still come out yellow-ish, I've tried a light tent or just a curved piece of white paper..and the yellow tint is still there..

Any ideas? Is the white background making it worse?

I use a medium gray background, and I have to agree with Skya that gray is a good thing to try. I used to use blue, and it added a colour cast. I switched to white and the colours were truer, but it messed with brightness and depth far more than I initially realized. This is an example of how much the background can influence things. I used the same camera and lighting set up on both of these, and did minimal photoshop type stuff (bit of brightness or contrast adjustment at most.)

http://www.coolminiornot.com/117064 - taken against a white background

http://wyrd-games.net/photopost/showphoto.php?photo=1015 - taken against gray background

I like the depth and glow of the skin quite a bit, and the red, also. The cloth has a nice dirty look like it has been wiping tables all day. I agree with Skya that some of the transitions on the skirt are kinda harsh.

When you take the photos against a pure white background, how does the white background look in the shots? Is that what we see in the photos? Could be the white balance setting on your camera. The white should come out as white in the photos. If not, then the camera isn't recording the colours correctly.

But, I agree with Skya, that a light blue or grey background is better. I use a light greyish blue and it usually works really well.