supervike's entries...

supervike

I loved both of these.

I don't care for the rusty base edge. I'd have just left it black. Nice idea, but it comes out looking too much like it was painted (strokes too regular or something).

Also rough up and highlight the tire.

The tattoos might look better slightly lighter but with a darker, almost brown, outline.

So, what were you thinking? Mini-Me? Ahnold and Danny in Twins?

I don't know what to say about the second guy. He might be slightly smoother, but I think he's fantastic.

Thanks Vince!

The chainsaw wielding maniacs are actually called "the Twins" from a very nicely demented set of Foundry Street Violence minis, called The Family. I did the matriarch a while back (also for a Wyrd Contest) as well...

So, yeah, I pictured them as Twins...not so much a mini-me clone, but actual blood brothers.

The botton fella I really just liked the strangeness of it. Ideally, I wanted to paint him as if the light source was only from the front, but then there were an unholy glow of faces on the rear of his robe....I'm just not good enough to pull it off....Still I liked the way he looks in real life.

Thanks, I think I will attempt your ideas and then post them on CMoN...

Here she is BTW...

img441b481a7ef5f.jpg

Yes, a warning would have been nice! :D

Anyway, I like your entries! The chainsaw madmen are a very disturbing mixture of Texas Chainsaw Massacre and Friday the 13th and the little guy makes it just so more creepy! I agree with Vince that the tire could have used some more work and the rim of the base looks a bit off.

The second guy is wonderful. Very strange mini and you've used the strangeness of the sculpt and enhanced the mood. What I would have done with it, though, is to have extended the freehand on the back into some random swirls coming around on the front. Not too much but just enough to tell the viewer that there is something interesting back there. I would also have mounted this one on a slightly bigger base.

I'm with Wren, I think the base edge is pretty good. The tire needs some work.

Perhaps some sort of team emblam on the hockey masks would be cool.

The second guys is pretty cool. I agree with you that the wispy faces on the back need s bit of tweaking but I'm not good enough to tell you how. :tongue2:

Two very cool entries Jim.

Well done

Baz