Tara the Silent (crossbow version)

Hinton

Here she is; all done and based. The pictures are a little better than my previous attempts, although still a bit rough. I got Gimp and I'm still learning how to use it, so hopefully they'll get better in the future.

I appreciate any advice or comments.

taracw4.jpg

For the record, this is the sixth mini I've painted.

I think she came out very nicely. The top picture is quite good, the bottom is a little blurry but also good. Your blends on the blue top and the tan trousers look really good, nice and smooth. The highlights on the brown boots and bracers are a little stark in places, but still, for a sixth mini... there are some white spots on the boot in the front shot, I'm not sure if it's stark highlighting, got rubbed down to primer or photo artifact.

For something to look at in future minis, I'd suggest the hair. I can see some nice highlighting on the upward facing curves of her bangs. You could even go a little lighter on those in small spots in both. I don't see as much of that in the back view. A little more dramatic with the highlighting and shading on the hair can really give a nice healthy shiny look.

This is a super job for a sixth mini!