New Sci-Fi minis

Sergeant_Crunch

Regiment Games has a new line of sci-fi alien minis.

drgreensfront1200.jpg

newdranlight700.jpg

and some heavy armor...

dranheavy700.jpg

[url=http://regimentgames.com/orders.html]

They were sculpted by Bob Olley and seem ok. They look kind of like a cross between camels and lizards with guns to me though. Also, until 24 July Regiment is running no shipping on orders over $20 and an free mini for every additional $15.

These are actually quite cool. I was out at the caster whenever Steve picked these up, so I got to see the masters. They are pretty good sized (around the same height as an average Space Marine) and the details are pretty crisp. Not too hip on the integrated bases but that's fixed easily enough.

He said he has plans at this point to do some heavy weapons guys next so you can field them as fully outfitted squads.

Quick service!!

I ordered these dudes on Monday, and they arrived here in Iowa on Weds. Thats pretty damn fast!!

Let me give a little review, if interested.

I ordered two packs. One of the lightly armored, on of the heavily armored.

Size wise, they fit in nicely with all my existing minis (wyrd, alpha forge, hasslefree, etc). They are rougly human sized. They would work well for a squad of intelligent Aliens in any sci-fi type game or diorama.

The sculpts are very crisp and clean. Good detailing on them. There are moldlines of course, but they are not anything out of the ordinary. A quck swipe of a hobby knife and they should be good to go.

A few of the gun barrels were bent when they arrived, but again, thats not an uncommon, or even a real problem. A little bend back and all is good.

The integrated base is something I don't care for. They are relatively thin though (unlike Reapers broccoli bases) and I am sure I can cut them off with little problem.

My biggest complaint would have to the carbon copy thing...let me explain. The lightly armored creatures are IDENTICAL to the heavily armored ones....Same exact pose. The heavy armored ones just have a helmeted head, and some bigger shoulder pads. The rest of the fig is the same. I think the pictures on the website were just a bit decieving in that regard. Had I know that I would have gotten the other pack of lightly armored creatures instead. Not a huge deal, and especially not a problem for folks who like to build armies. I like my minis to be individuals though....Oh well...

Lastly, the cost. I ordered two packs of minis, which was 8 minis, I got one free!, and with the shipping, it ran me under thirty dollars. That averages out to around 3 something per mini, which is damn decent.

All in all a great value, and with the incredibly quick service, I say these minis are very recommended.