WARMACHINE Patrols 2006

A couple of years ago fans of Warzone hosted a “Warzone Patrols” contest where the players painted a small force of models in the course of 4 months. Unfortunately Warzone ‘died’ a couple of weeks ago as the company (Excelsior Entertainment) lost the license for Warzone and Chronopia and went belly up.

One of the important things of the Warzone Patrols was that you painted a force of models, wrote some stories and played some battles. It was therefore an excellent way to get a force painted and to play some battles with it. Since a lot of people have loads and loads of unpainted models, me and Jase thought it would be a cool idea to host a similar project for WARMACHINE and HORDES.

The guidelines for the project are that during four months you will paint a force of 500 points (of either HORDES or WARMACHINE). Each month has a deadline (ending at 23.59 local time of the last day of the month). On the deadline everybody will have painted the models that he has chosen at the start of the contest. The amount of points you paint before each deadline is not really important, as long as you paint something for each deadline and everything is finished at the end.

The focus of this contest is on the following two things: painting and fluff (background stories). It is good to remember that force composition is NOT important. If you want to paint a Stryker and 3 Heavy Warjacks…please do! We want people to do their best on the painting and to write some background stories about their armies.

There are a couple of simple rules for this contest:

- Contestants make an army list before the start of the contest and post it in the relevant forum

- Contestants make an agenda with everything they want to paint before each deadline

- Before each deadline the contestants upload pictures of their painted models (you are allowed to paint more if you can…but please focus on the painting).

- Before each deadline the contestants will write at least one piece of fluff about their army and its models. This can be written as stories, battle reports, artwork and/or drawn maps. Remember this contest is about creativity.

- You must start with your Warcaster/Warlock as he/she/it is the drive behind your force!

For each deadline you are allowed to paint/write more than is needed (and this will probably impress the jury too ;)). As every person is at least a bit competitive there will be a jury of volunteers who will judge the contestants and will vote at the end for the following two awards:

- Best painted Patrol

- Best background material.

Deadline schedule:

Deadline 1: May 1 - May 31 (23.59 local time)

Deadline 2: June 1- June 30 (23.59 local time)

Deadline 3: July 1 - July 31 (23.59 local time)

Deadline 4: August 1 - Agust 31 (23.59 local time)

I will make prizes for both awards (something in WARMACHINE style ;)) and these will be sent out to the victors!

So there are two categories in which you can enter:

-Contestant

-Jury member

(of course you cannot enter in both categories!)

As this contest may generate a lot of response and input, I have created a new board on the Runboard community. This is a free board, and may not be as quick or smooth as the boards we are all used to. But it should be good enough. The link:

http://com2.runboard.com/bwarmachinepatrols

I hope a lot of people will join the contest. Just remember it is all about the fun and creativity of it and to get a new force painted. Cheers!

Marijn & Jan

**EDIT: HORDES added!**

Hmmm

Ive been after an excuse to get the Hordes stuff.

As much as I've been very much wanting to try out those cool Everblight monsters, I just dont have the money to spend on a game that I'll play so rarely.

*pouts*

On the other hand, painting up my Cygnar stuff would be fun. (NO I dont really play Warmachine either it just looks at me, says "aren't I cool" and snickers at my lack of playtime) I'm a sucky writer though...