Be careful what you ask for ...

Who on earth would want to drink 2.8% beer??

Kids! They aren't allowed to shop in the places that sell the stronger stuff.... :tongue2:

But, it's quite nice some times... You can drink a few beers while painting without trouble. Most of that stuff tastes like water, but there are a few good ones.

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The hotest thing I ever had was in a Korean resturant in Manhatten. My coworker ordered for us because the menu was in Korean. He said it was "hot soup" and boy was it ever. I didn't have any insides to my mouth afterwards. Had an orange for dessert ... RELIEF. (But it was good.)

They say Eskimos have a plethora of words for snow. I really wish there were the same for "hot." Diffent things cause different kinds of burns. The burn caused by chilli for example is completely different from the burn caused by hot paprika for example. Likewise curries tend to have a different burn as well ... although some curries are heavy on chillies for their heat. Foods made hot by a lot of black pepper also have a different heat. You have front of the mouth burns, back of the tongue burns, and "where is the roof of my mouth" burns.

Alright, I'll concede to Indian curries being 'real' curries, I suppose. I happen to be hooked on Chicken Vindaloo and Lamb Tika myself these days. But Tom Yum Ghai is still a holy sacramanent. There is a Thai restaurant in Las Vegas that makes a bowl of Tom Yum Ghai that'll tear the lining right out of your stomach and make you ask for seconds. Chicken Red Curry is a close second.

As far as home cooked meals, Beef Stew is always one of my favorites. Of course serranoes and a couple tablespoons of red chili paste tend to fall in every time I cook it. It's not in the recipe, it just happens, I swear.

I have a pretty good jambalaya recipe too. Serranoes aren't in that one either, but they tend to fall in the pot whenever I cook something stewy.

A type of chili pepper. They look a bit like Jalapenos, but they are longer and thinner, and I probably mispelled them. They are a bit hotter than Jalapenos, but they don't have quite the distinctive flavor. I use them in stews & such so I can get the heat up to par without changing the taste too much. I would use habaneroes for this, but I have to wash my hands for like 20 minutes after cutting them, and then you still gotta be carefull what you touch.