a suggestion to improve monk game experience.

I didn't see if anyone had already opened a topic about this...

This is just a bizarre idea, or a suggestion,

Given the recent problems generated by Shen's crew, I had thought of something similar to improve the gaming experience, both for the player himself and for his opponents;

add something similar to the "Harness Chi" ability *Lose concentration* An enemy model within 1" can use a tactical action (therefore without the possibility for the monk to resist) to remove 1/2/4 chi tokens from this model.

Then Yu's tomes on the attack should probably be taken away, and also revised Thanh and the Terracotta...

What do you think?

just another strange idea; and completely remove harness chi as ability, and rather make it a trigger for both defense and attack, with a specific suit for all monks? 

perhaps applying it only on attacks, or certain actions (not all) and just for example on df and wp, would make the monks more vulnerable to certain attacks like sz or mv...

Maybe it's stupid thing, but at least it would guarantee a minor change to the keyword, and it would also justify the possibility of drawing and cycling many cards perhaps? 🤔

Stunned cond. could be very annoying in this case.

Start off by removing the Card draw on Yu. That seems to be a big thing about taking him OOK.

Re Harness Chi, lots of options, choosing something between:

• Reduce ease of gaining Chi (preferably on activation but otherwise lose the Focus trade)
  • Reduce power (only +1Stat?)
  • Only use Chi for Rst
  • Use Chi before flipping
  • Can't use Chi if the enemy has the Focus condition
  • Can't use Chi if the opponent has a lower Stat (or even equal stat?)
  • Remove the Stat boost option (would need to add some more defensive stuff) and have other ways of using Chi. E.G. + flips, suits, costs to use triggers, etc
  • Thanks 1

These are all great ideas!

Instead, I think the problem regarding sensei is a little more delicate, in the sense that;

One of the biggest problem with monks is the combination of being able to draw a lot of cards through yu/versatiles and access to the highest duel-caps of all the available crews.

This combination ruins the opponent's gaming experience. Therefore (my personal opinion) if the chi were fixed and perhaps the various draw abilities of the versatile ones, it would not be necessary to modify also yu.

I repeat, just a personal opinion eh... because otherwise at this point we would also have to modify things like brin, lelu, infamous, elite/mimic...etc. etc. 

In all factions there are pieces that drawing a lot of cards played ook.

Another idea could be to increase the cost of monks. The monks, in addition to being efficient, are also cheaper, compared to many other models.

Monk is in such a delicate spot, because a small change in how they function could make the team go from great to bad real fast.  

I've been very interested in the team recently, but with their future in the balance I've held off on them.  You also don't want it to just become Power Tokens without armor.

I made a mistake on holding off on a master  I liked until they got nerfed, and realized that what I liked most about the master got removed once I bought the keyword.

• Agree 1

I did some quick tests. I don't know if this can help... (in case some errata occur)

Actually,  played only in-keyword, with only a +1  to the duels and without having Yu with the built-in trigger (but without further major changes, so no max cap to the chi) the crew is still very playable.

I still have a small doubt about the models with statistics of value 4, they seemed really fragile, but to evaluate them better, i would need a few complete games.