Problem with colette box mecha dove construction

hatja

Hey guys, newbie here. 

I just got my first malifo box(colette core box) i had a lot of fun and pain to construct them together, there is only 1mecha dove left but i got a problem with that. It seems like there is a problem with the joins of a piece. 

i should join 1 and 2 together, but its clear to see that the join of #1 is much longer than the #2's, also #2 has a different shape. If i fit them together from the front, there is a huge gap on the back. Its not like the mold leftover or anything else, its much bigger than that. It feels the same as when i tried to put non-fitting pieces together with the other models. The dove is made of only 4parts, so its sure these 2 should fit together. Of course i tried all the rest possible combination of the pieces in different angles etc..
With all the other models in the box the joins were so clear and smooth when i put them in the right place, i guess this should be the case with this one as well, but its not.

The same piece should join to the dove itself ot the other end. Thats pretty problematic too, but not as much as this end. Can the piece be factory defected or something?

Any suggestions? 
Thanks

(maybe its not the right topic, then sorry.)

malif1.JPG

malif2.png

• 3 weeks later...

Okay so i ended up with some filing and cutting and even though im a noob i managed to put it together nicely and was pretty happy with the result, but was a little worried if its not that strong as it should be or something, wasnt sure. Then yesterday, while i was browsing the site and ran into the contact form for damaged pieces and gave it a try. I wasnt expecting anything, maybe a negative answer in mid Jan or so, since i missed to report my problem in time, the model was already built, holiday season etc..
And then in about 2 hours.. I got a reply with the actual tracking number of the replacement package. Just like that, without any questions.
Never had such a good experience with any customer support.

Wyrd is the best guys  ❤️

• 1 month later...