Into the Dojo : Part 9 – Elite vs. Redchapel

Regelridderen

Lucius took his secret police into the Redchapel docks to clean this cesspool of immorality and flush out the notorious serial killer Seamus - and secure his slush fund.

Trouble was, Seamus had already put his eyes on the slush fund - and blood was in the air.

Guard The Stash - Flank Deployment : Catch and Release, Secret Meetup, Vendetta, Hidden Martyrs, In your Face.

Neverborn Lucius

Scribe + 7 Stones

Agent 46

Alan Reid

Guild Lawyer w. Ancient Pact

Guild Lawyer

Investigator

False Witness

vs

Ressurectionist Seamus

Copycat Killer + 5 Stones

Yin the Penangalan w. Death Touch

Bete Noire w. Death Touch

Sloth

Nurse

THE GAME

Round one : The elite did a lot of shuffling and drew a lot of cards, while Seamus analysed his opponent, and concluded that only Agent 46 was a threat to him. He gathered 5 severed in his hand, Secret Passage'd in and fired his .50 twice - sacrificing a newly spawned zombie - got foiled by a Black Joker, but took 6 health off of the Agent. Meanwhile Bete did a long charge to scratch the False Witness, who accused her back, and saw Bloody Betty fade away.

Round Two : By cunning use of the Emissary's coffin markers, Seamus wasted the elite's action, then got in to finish the job on the Agent. While unleashing Yin and Bloody Betty on the bureaucracy ripping the investigator apart. Alan and the Emissary both secured a stash, but a cheeky noise spoiled Alan's sheananigans.

Score : Seamus 2 (Strat + In Your Face) vs Lucius 0

Round Three : Blood had been spilled, indeed it was flooding the streets, and there was no reason not to let it flow some more. The blood crazed nursed charged Alan and shot him full of poison, he in turn tore her apart. Yin was caught up with the one lawyer, as they danced towards the far objective, while Bloody Betty ripped the other lawyer apart. Ending the turn with Seamus came in to kill Alan and win the objective, Lucius moved to counter, but the Emissary charged in and made sure it stayed in Redchapel hands.

Score : Seamus 4 (Strat + Hidden Martyrs vs Lucius 0

Round Four : Betty finished off the annoying Scribe and charged in on Lucius. Seamus picked up the corpse of Alan and concentrated twice charging and slapped Lucius twice for two severes, taking the head off the spy master, freeing the emissary to go help Yin with the remaining lawyer.

Score : Seamus 5 (Strat) vs Lucius 0

Sound 5 : With nothing left of the Elite's, there was nothing left to do, but consolidate the win.

Score : Seamus 8 (Strat + In Your Face + Hidden Martyrs) vs Lucius 0

-

A great game if you like trashing new players. The Elite player wasn't the most experienced, neither would Lucius ever have been optimal in this setup. He did have a good grasp of the internal red tape shenanigans and card draw mechanics, but... It's just not a good crew, and I being a Lucius player myself knew how to pick apart its weaknesses. And even if it was a trashing I gave him every chance to rectify mistakes and warn him against "Gotcha!"-situations - but it just wasn't a good matchup.

The Redchapel (I mean, three of the model were in keyword at least) is such a fun crew. The speed (Flight, Mv6 and Secret Passage), the ability to focus damage into where it hurts, the card drain mechanic of Terrifying. Sloth and the Nurse work nice for healing and handing out Fast and Focused to those that do the fighting. I'd love to get more Redchapel in there, but I have nothing I'd want to sacrifice for it.