This AND that timing

Stunt

Question

Hi chaps,

When there is a "this AND that", does this always resolves before that or is it simultaneous ?

An example :

Remote Detonator says
"[...]. Then kill the target and this model draws a card."

If a model targets itself with that action, would it draw a card ?

Thanks for your help !

Max

2 answers to this question

I'm fairly sure that the order should be as written on the card, so if you managed to work out some strange way that the holders of remote detonation could target themselves with it (at the moment neither are undead) then they would be killed before they were able to draw a card. 

So if an effect was "push a model and then pulse out damage", you would have to push the model before the damage pulse, you couldn't do the damage pulse and then push the model. 

Anna Lovelace can Remote Detonator herself provided there is a friendly scheme within 3" and a friendly Von Schtook Stargazer on the board.

I'm not sure if it was intentional but you added a "then" after the "and" in your example, which to me, as a non native english speaker, removes all ambiguity about the timing. I felt ambiguity in the case of Remote Detonator because of the lack of this "then".

Anyway, I got the answer. Thanks a lot for your help !

Max