Jedza Everlasting

Nexus 2023

I've played her a few times now. I haven't found any crazy synergies but I have some tips.

She does a crazy amount of damage, so you really want to be focusing your game around her cracking off 2 or 3 strong attacks a turn. Sophie can get her focus, models like The Kurgan, the Effigy and Surveyors can help move her up so she doesn't have to waste AP not murdering things. Get her in the thick of things, have some soulstones to tank some hits and let her go to work.

As for picks, I tend to have a similar line up. Grave Goo is great and his regen gives Jedza a life token off the bat. The Kurgan is tanky, gives some mobility and utility. The Damned is fast, can kill things or scheme run. Mikhail isn't quite the unkillable force he is in Jedza 1, but he still hits hard, ties up models and the heal off his melee is always useful. Austera and Twigge are probably one of my favourite models, lots of utility, an amazing Vendetta scorer.

After that, take what's needed. A Surveyor is a solid minion, movement, damage, survivable for their cost. Vernon and Welles offer more scheming, mobility (great for Carve a Path) and some defence against WP attacking crews.

Jedza 2 doesn't need to focus on a bubble as much as Jedza 1, your models can spread out a bit more. You just need to be a bit more careful with them as they can get brought down when focused. Get Jedza in the middle, try to keep her reasonably healthy and she should do well for you.

• 3 weeks later...

Jedza can attack with and reposition the lamp markers with Dredge Up. This allows you to start with the lamps a little further back where they're more accessible to the lamplighter and to push them forward from there. They're not impassable, so they can be pushed through and positioned under other models.

What do people think of the Yaksha? I'm considering hiring one with Hidden Agenda to try to make it easier to get the marker trigger off, and pairing it with the Bellhop Porter for extra marker goodness.

I really like the look of the Yaksha, I'll definitely try at least one of them out. I feel like they will be good in Jedza 2, if you set them up in severe terrain, Planted Roots will give Jedza a Life Token from the get go, as will Earth's remedy.

Outside that, they are reasonably tanky, mobile model for 5 points. I feel like the need for severe terrain might make them a bit dependent on good maps. They should be able to count models like Moorwraiths and The Kurgan as severe terrain though, right? I'm fairly sure there is some uncertainty there ruling wise. I don't know if I'd bother giving them any upgrades nor plan around their melee trigger. I see that trigger as a nice bonus rather than a build around.

My core with Jedza2 is always a Lamplighter, Grave Goo, and the Kurgan. 

Lamplighter gives easy access to healing to get life tokens and can move Jedza. Jedza2 also loves the +flip from a lit marker for non-focused attacks. 

Grave Goo regen is an auto life token each turn if you keep it safe, and it works well with the with Lamplighter pushing people around (into terrain the Goo is in to take hazardous). 

The Kurgan was tailor made for Jedza2. Huge mobility tools, a possible heal on Mudslide. Jedza2 can also move the Kurgan and attack through it after Mudslide. If your meta allows the interaction between Mudslide and Trail of Slime the Goo and Kurgan make amazing partners. 

I have also been considering, but not yet tried, a Vatagi Huntsman with Jedza2 for another source of hazardous markers and I jured in a model Jedza2 can attack is basically a death sentence. 

I think the goal for the ExS player is to have Jedza2 "fully-loaded" before she activates on turn 1, which is to say, she will have 3 life tokens and Focus +2. Depending on how you build your crew and flip cards, you will find 2/3 life tokens and focus +1 to be the usual starting point, which is no bad thing as Jedza2 could focus herself if their aren't enough markers/enemy isn't close enough to launch Dredge Up attacks. 

Ways to get Life tokens:

• Grave Goo regen (guaranteed)
  • Winston's Dirigible ride with :tome on a seeker model. Needs a 6 but Fortune's favour helps as does Price of Progress
  • Lamplighter's Unnatural glow. Needs  a 5, targeting a seeker model (Jedza2 is my go-to)
  • Sophie's Candelight. Needs a 6
  • Kurgan's Mudslide. Needs a 6+:ram
  • Jedza2 at full health can also "refund" a life token via Death Touch killing a model. 

You could also include Yaksha and the Hopeful Prospect here, but these are not options I have explored. 

Ways to get focus:

• Sophie's grab from the pack. Needs a 6
  • Effigy's galvanize trigger. You need to attack something within 3" of Jedza/Jedza herself and have a :mask. It will set something on fire, but the effigy can assist to put that out.  
  • Tannebaum's Haphazard topography. Needs a marker and  6+:ram
  • Jedza can focus for an action.

With a Hopeful prospect, Jedza could also gain focus +1 when killing something. 

My core will be Winston, the Effigy (with upgrade) and a Lamplighter. I do often find a place for Tannenbaum, even if I think the Haphazard topography is not a reliable source of focus I find cleaning out Jedza's deck (Notes) for turn 2 a useful alternative. Depending on the game/board/opposing faction I'll then add the Kurgan/Vatagi as I think I need.

I find it very difficult to not include the solid Seeker enforcers... I tend to go with The Kurgan, Grave Goo, The Damned, Austera and Twigge and like to bring Mikhail too. This leaves room for either a Surveyor or a Lamp Lighter.

Obviously this is less likely to max out the 3 Life Tokens and 2 focus on Jedza on turn 1 (though far from impossible) but I find the enforcers more than make up for it, instead of going all in on Jedza.

A&T and the Damned don't feed directly into Jedza 2's gameplan, but they are all round solid models and pretty much always pull their weight.