Chronicle Warderer how it works?

Molly

Question

as I understand it well, there will be few opportunities to use this ability during an opponent activation and especially if Jedza has no life token. From what I understand, as soon as a friendly is killed within 6 inches of jedza, she discards a token heals him by two and makes the next attack of the enemy model that killed the friendly model null? In practice, the enemy will have to kill the friendly model, waste another attack due the heal and also use a possible third attack if possible to kill the friendly model? did I get it right?

Is it correct to say that this ability only works during the activation of the enemy model that performed the kill?

Are there any other ways to use this Jedza's skill, perhaps with friendly models? reducing friendlies damage to 0 for example to use a trigger? or else maybe?

2 answers to this question

The big combo is definitely the life tokens. With many models only having 2 actions available to do damage with on their turn the ability to avoid death on the first hit and then be immune to damage on a potential econd hit is pretty good for keeping models in the game. Also while she may only begin with 2 life tokens she can pick up more as the game goes again.

Other uses.

The damned can ping itself for 1 damage to use The Old Ways during any activation he duels in, if he has healed in any way that activation he can ignore the ping.

Surveyors can use Price of Progress to ping themselves for 1 damage and gain a suit, again, if healed in the turn they can ignore the damage.

As a general usage it can be used to ignore hazardous terrain during a friendly activation.

Probably one of the most powerful uses of it would be with life leech but the only model with it available to Seekers is Jedza Everlasting, so no luck there I'm afraid.

• Thanks 1

One quite good use of Chronicle (Wanderer) during an opponent's activation is together with the Aura of courage from the Intrepid Effigy/Emissary. If an enemy attacks a model within the aura and that model wins the duel by 2 or more, not only will the attack miss, but the attacked model will heal 1 and the next attack to it will do 0 damage. 

And yes, the ability only works during the same activation the model healed. Also note that it does not effect the attacking model as such, so if it attacks another target it can still do normal damage.

• Thanks 1