Ability with built in suit , why ?

thunderwolf

Question

3 answers to this question

7 minutes ago, thunderwolf said:

So say Hamelin title obey has built in mask and a target of 14 mask 

my question is why ?

is it if he draws or soulstone another suit 

he still counts the mask ? So why have it ?

Two reasons:

1. Actions in Malifaux are standardised. All obeys have a TN of 14:mask, some models have it built in to their stat and some don't. This means that a less powerful model can still have an obey, it just requires more resources from them to meet the TN because they need to get that mask somehow.
  2. Some abilities can strip suits from duels, potentially making it impossible to meet that TN. For example, The Jury has the By the Book ability which causes enemy models that cheat within :aura6 of her to lose all suits in their final duel total. If Hamelin had to cheat to meet the TN or beat his opponent then he would fail the Obey in that aura.
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, thunderwolf said:

How do I get the additional effects suits ?

if I declare them off card can I keep inbuilt suit ?

Yes, you add the ones from your Stat (so 7:maskfor Hamelin, the Piper) to the card you flipped to determine your final duel total. You can also stone for a suit and some models may have abilities that add them, like Adaptive. This means that if you flip a "7:crow" card then your final duel total is "14:mask:crow" after you add it to your stat, meaning you meet your TN and you can also declare the Tainted Chorus crow trigger Hamelin has.

• Thanks 1