This Rounds On Me Question

Brilliance Laced Whiskey

Question

I don't know what it is, but my simple brain always has trouble when it comes to resolving trigger timings.

So Jakob Lynch has an ability called "This Rounds On Me", with a trigger called "Dazed and Confused".  

It causes models within range to make a WP duel or gain a brilliance token.  It also has a trigger called "Dazed and Confused."

Dazed and Confused is a trigger that causes enemy models within range with 3 or more brilliance tokens to gain stunned.  I know it counts as After Succeeding, but I struggle understanding the wording.

Say Jakob performs the duel and hits the "Dazed and Confused" trigger against an enemy with 2 brilliance.   Then in this instance they fail their willpower duel and they jump to 3 brilliance.

Does the model then gain stunned automatically?  Or does the the model count as having 2 brilliance when the trigger is resolved?

Also, am I also correct in assuming "Dazed and Confused" goes off automatically when the Jakob meets the casting requirement?  Or does the model have to fail the willpower duel to get the stunned?

1 answer to this question

1 hour ago, Brilliance Laced Whiskey said:

Also, am I also correct in assuming "Dazed and Confused" goes off automatically when the Jakob meets the casting requirement?  Or does the model have to fail the willpower duel to get the stunned?

In order to get the effect of an After Succeeding trigger, you need both the suit and you need to win the duel.  “This Round is On Me!” isn’t an opposed duel, so it’s applied if Lynch gets his target number.

You resolve the body of the action (everyone takes their willpower tests and gains Brilliance as specified), and then in the “After you have resolved an action” step the trigger effect is applied.  The trigger effect is completely independent at that point with whatever happened in the body of the action—if you have 3 Brilliance you gain stunned whether you had that much Brilliance before the action or not.

• Agree 2