Advice sought for first tournament as Neverborn,

Cranky Old Man

I am playing in my first faux tournament for quite some time. I am playing Neverborn and the masters i have are Nekima, Pandora, Lucius and Titania and their titles.

The pool looks this;

Round 1- Corner, Turf War Let Them Bleed, Bait and Switch, Death Beds, Research Mission, Outflank

Round 2- Standard, Corrupted Ley Lines Claim Jump, Spread Them Out, Vendetta, Breakthrough, Assassinate

Round 3- Wedge, Symbols of Authority Vendetta, Death Beds, Hidden Martyrs, Outflank, Detonate Charges

Any thoughts on which crew to take in each one?

Round 1 I thought could be a one for Titania 2. Death Beds and research could work

Round 2 Maybe Pandora 2 with a hooded rider who can carry the ball. Candy is good for claim jump maybe?

Round 2 Maybe Nekima 2. Vendetta should be good and hidden martyrs.

Rd 1 looks good for either version of Titania.  She is great at holding battlefield location, and I like her in Death Beds. I might take Bait and Switch instead of Research, as it seems less action dependent.  Due to corner deployment, I think Nekima would also likely do well due to her speed and how killy her crew is.

Rd 2- Have you thought about Lucius 2?  I wonder if using his "Secret Passage" to prey on enemy loadstone carriers would work...  I don't play either Lucius or Pandora so it would be hard for me to say.  When all else fails I run Titania, as she is my usual go to.  She is pretty versatile into most pools.  Both versions of Titania like Claim Jump, and Titania 1 is great for Assassinate.

Rd 3- I agree with you, but Nekima 1 might be better suited to Wedge Deployment since she has higher melee output.

Good luck at the tournament. 

• Like 1

Round 1: Corner deployment isn't good for Titania2. In an ideal world, she does not want to have to move at all. Titania1 might work, with a Hooded Rider. Titania can do Death Beds (Underbrush)  and Research Mission exceptionally well. Nekima1 would give you the necessary speed for Corner deployment, but I can't really recommend her in Turf War.

Round 2: Pandora will work nicely here, agreed. Either Candy or Dorian Crowe are good choices for Claim Jump. Titania2 is also nice in this encounter, although the Schemes fit Pandora better.

Round 3: Nekima2 wants to stay bunched up and spread out only later. It might work, because Wedge deployment is great for her, but you will need to dedicated some of your models to retrieve Strat markers starting in Round 1. This will hurt your punching power. Vendetta is almost never a good scheme with a melee-centric crew. If you're unlucky, your Vendetta target might simply be off to another side of the table. Hidden Martyrs might work, but it's a Scheme that relies on your opponent's actions, not your own, which is why I don't like it too much, either. Detonate Charges, however, is surprisingly easy with Nekima2, as is Death beds (with Corpse markers).
I don't think any of your other masters fits better for this encounter, so I'd take Nekima2, too.

Interesting encounters, I like them.

• Like 2

I think Titania 2 is actually pretty  good in corner. She makes her whole team quite mobile with her 2 inch push aura when she activates.  Being able to interact through her champions, she increases the effectiveness and her team spreads out very well.  The champions can also chain activations with other models for the cost of a card. Through those champions she will be able to effect the table almost no matter where she is. To assist with her own movement, I would take Rougarou to roar her and other key models forward early.

• Like 1