Kirai 2?

Hi All,

Taken a bit of a break from the game, and just getting back into the swing of things.  One of the things I always loved was charging some spooky ghosts into people's faces (playing Kirai1).  I really want to explore moving spooky ghosts through people's faces (Kirai2).

What are people's experiences with her?  Is it as simple as dropping her into more schemey pools than K1, if you have just brought Urami with you?  Any particular combo's or weaknesses people have found?

Varies from game to game. If they are playing bubble crew it'll happen a lot more often. I've had games where I've nearly run out of models to summon and I wasn't even trying hard to get it. I've also had games where maybe I get 2 or 3 models the whole game. The summons are really more of speed bumps than anything else so if you get them great but if you are spending all of your ap trying to get summons off you'll likely run into issues.

• Thanks 1

I have played against her a few times. Bubble crews hate her. I was playing Lord Cooper against her and he just kept summoning Ikyro and other models into base contact with Cooper who cant disengage. Gwisin are great bodyguards for Kirai or Datsue Ba.

I played another game against her with Reva 1, that went the other way because Pyres are really good at chipping away, remember incorporeal doesn't work against damage from burning as its not an attack action. So be careful against crews that can give you poison or burning.

As long as you activate Ikyrio before Kirain you can get Ikyrio back in the same turn as she is killed. Irreducible damage is scary for any master or henchman.

• Thanks 1

So I have managed to get one fame in with her - same list as Kirai 1 but swapped 3 Seshin for a Goyro. 

it was against Unix 2, so managed to gum up the board with so many Gaki he just couldn’t get free to score. Game ended 5-3 to me I think.

going to a tournament on Saturday where I am just taking Urami in the hope I can get some Kirai2 games in. Wish me luck!

8 minutes ago, HowNot2Wargame said:

going to a tournament on Saturday where I am just taking Urami in the hope I can get some Kirai2 games in. Wish me luck!

Good luck! Yeah Kirai2 is a very versatile master so depending on matchups you could probably play her all day if you want the practice. That's what I'm using my metas tournaments for right now since I've been out of the game for about 2 years. 

• Agree 1