Perdita2:s "Silver Bullets" trigger

Mortarion

Question

Perdita's title has a trigger on her Custom Peacebringer attack called "Silver Bullets". It reads as follows:
"When resolving and until the End Phase, the target cannot Heal."

What happens if she declares this trigger but fails the attack? The "When resolving" part obviously kicks in, since it is not dependent on the Action succeeding. So the target cannot heal when resolving the action (from the Aura of Courage for example). But does the "until the End Phase" part also apply? I guess it does, since the whole trigger is considered to be "When resolving". But it feels strange that it applies on failure as well. Have I missed something here?

2 answers to this question

11 hours ago, Sweet Tooth said:

When resolving triggers only occur when the action is successful (page 12 of the rulebook in the app). So the trigger effect would only apply if the rest of the action’s effects take place. 

Thank you. I don't know how I managed to miss that part when I read the "When resolving" rules. I must have mixed them up with the "Immediatly" rules in my head.

But then everything makes sense.

EDIT: I just realised how many triggers that would be completely broken if "When resolving" ignored success. I definitely mixed up "when resolving" and "immediately" in my head. Sorry for wasting everyones time.

Edited by Mortarion