Nexus' 2 Join Us trigger timing

Fingalen

Question

Nexus, One of many, has a trigger Join Us on its Drain life action, that reads:

Target gains a Parasite Token. Until the End Phase, after the target is killed, Summon an Eyes and Ears into base contact with it.

Are these two sentences separate effects, thus affected by the following FAQ ruling?

Some Actions have listed effects that are two distinct impacts on a model, such as “Target suffers 2/3/4 damage and is Pushed up
to 3" in any direction.” Are these two distinct impacts considered separate effects?
a) Yes. In the above instance, these are separate effects that resolve independently. These effects are always resolved one at a time
in the order presented in the text. If a model is killed (and removed) from the first of these effects, any following effects (such as
being Pushed, discarding cards, etc.) are ignored.

I suppose yes and that would mean, that if the parasite token kills the target (with Burrowed into the spine ability), there is noone to be affected by the second effect and no Eyes and Ears are summoned this action. Is that right?

EDIT: It might also by possible, that the Burrowed into the spine ability triggers after the action with its trigger is fully resolved...

Edited by malyzubor

1 answer to this question

2 hours ago, malyzubor said:

Nexus, One of many, has a trigger Join Us on its Drain life action, that reads:

Are these two sentences separate effects, thus affected by the following FAQ ruling?

I suppose yes and that would mean, that if the parasite token kills the target (with Burrowed into the spine ability), there is noone to be affected by the second effect and no Eyes and Ears are summoned this action. Is that right?

EDIT: It might also by possible, that the Burrowed into the spine ability triggers after the action with its trigger is fully resolved...

Yes, they are separate effects, such that if the parasite token causes the death of the model, it will be dead before you get to the point that you find out you can summon an eyes and ears. From what I can see the Burrowed into the spine would resolve effectively at the end of the gaining a parasite token. I can't see a reason why it would need you to end the current action before it would apply.

• Agree 2