The Other Side Starter box

Pallas4

1 hour ago, Pallas4 said:

Hi

I know It's the Malifaux's section. Not an error. ^^

I guess there will be the Malifaux maps in it. There are too many miniatures for this game though ... Do we know if we will have specific boxes for Malifaux? So without models in double?

Nope. I'm pretty sure it's expected that they'll only be available in this box, and that the box will have surplus miniatures (3 extra Gunners, and a couple extra Enslaved Spirits).

It's an annoyance, but it's not like you're really paying extra for it.

IIRC, the box is going to retail for $100. If you're not in it for both factions, and can find someone to split, that's going to be around $50 per. Depending on demand, that might change a little.

Guild have 7 "fieldable" models. Ressers have 10. Plus a fate deck, and other stuff.

That's better value than most starter boxes. So the extra models are at worst, waste.

But with plenty of alternate uses for someone willing to think outside the Starter Box. Bases upon which to build custom work. Bits for custom work. Gifts for people who play other games where they might be relevant (that's what I did with box Anna Lovelace, as I preferred Hoop Skirt Anna). Models to give to people beginning the hobby to practice painting on.

So don't think of them as waste, think of them as freebies on a reasonably priced crewbox.

• Like 2