Mali-folks! Building Malifaux community from scratch

For advice I'd maybe put more malifaux specific either references or advice, like what masters you know, knowledge on the game or it's lore, as most of the people I've gotten into it are via it's lore, If a guy asked you "what is malifaux" what would you say. Stuff like that might make finding things to improve far easier.

As a sidenote, I personally like knowing how new players found malifaux (including you), my trek here was long and random so I like to think of it like "keeping the pipelines clean" don't want to force people to go through "sewage" to find this place and new player anecdotes are a great way to know how we are reaching people

As much as I personally detest him, Seamus is about as iconic as your gonna get, he's simple enough for new players (big scary gun of doom and teleports) but he'll never be everyone's cup of tea on account of undead prostitutes. Kearis is good. And zipp, while not as simple to understand and has some difficulty because people won't understand what to do with the speed, is the dapper radio show villain everyone knows they want to be, falling pianos, airships, and annoyance for annoyance sake included

• Like 1

On 6/30/2021 at 8:30 PM, fire5tone said:

For advice I'd maybe put more malifaux specific either references or advice, like what masters you know, knowledge on the game or it's lore, as most of the people I've gotten into it are via it's lore, If a guy asked you "what is malifaux" what would you say. Stuff like that might make finding things to improve far easier.

As a sidenote, I personally like knowing how new players found malifaux (including you), my trek here was long and random so I like to think of it like "keeping the pipelines clean" don't want to force people to go through "sewage" to find this place and new player anecdotes are a great way to know how we are reaching people

As much as I personally detest him, Seamus is about as iconic as your gonna get, he's simple enough for new players (big scary gun of doom and teleports) but he'll never be everyone's cup of tea on account of undead prostitutes. Kearis is good. And zipp, while not as simple to understand and has some difficulty because people won't understand what to do with the speed, is the dapper radio show villain everyone knows they want to be, falling pianos, airships, and annoyance for annoyance sake included

Valid point there. I actually wanted at first focus on uniqueness of game mechanic, but it's true, that understanding game lore is a lot more appealing for many people. Actually story in games is something what drove me away form some games, and on contrar helped me to get into some games. Thank you so much for your comment. I do appreciate it a lot :D

• Like 1