Black Blood VS The Guilty

Jeebus

Question

Had an interaction that I wasn't sure how to deal with: a mature nephilim and a guilty were both on 1 WD each. the Guilty attacked to kill the Mature. Regarding the Demise ability on The Guilty, what should the outcome be? I imagine the black blood activates and kills the guilty, but the mature dies as well, so there is no target for the Punish the Wicked upgrade. I just want to be sure that there is no chance that the guilty dies first and puts the upgrade onto the mature, then the mature dies summoning a new guilty.

That is Magical Christmas Land dreaming, right? 

2 answers to this question

Mature neph dies first. Check the errat-ed rulebook on page 34. The errata spells out new instances of damage have to wait til the initial damage is done.

So guilty hits mature neph, at step five of neph damage black blood happens, but you have to wait til you have finished the damage on the neph.

Step six of neph damage the mature nephilim dies and leaves the table. Then Guilty takes damage and dies.

There is no where to put the upgrade, so nothing happens.

• Thanks 1
  • Agree 1

1 hour ago, Maniacal_cackle said:

Mature neph dies first. Check the errat-ed rulebook on page 34. The errata spells out new instances of damage have to wait til the initial damage is done.

So guilty hits mature neph, at step five of neph damage black blood happens, but you have to wait til you have finished the damage on the neph.

Step six of neph damage the mature nephilim dies and leaves the table. Then Guilty takes damage and dies.

There is no where to put the upgrade, so nothing happens.

that's what I thought. just wanted to make sure. Thank you for the page reference. 

• Like 1