Another list! Reva on corner SOA.

Here in New Zealand we've eliminated the virus, so I finally got to go back to the club and actually put Reva on the table instead of Vassal for the first time.

Here's the scenario:

• Corner Deployment
  • Symbols of Authority
  • Take prisoner
  • Research mission
  • Breakthrough 
  • Catch and release
  • Leave your mark

The crew I took was:

• Reva Cortinas + candles
  • Dead Rider
  • Toshiro, The Daimyo + the Whisper
  • Yin, The Penangalan + Grave Spirit's Touch
  • Shieldbearer
  • Restless Spirit

I was up against the blender sisters (Viktorias from Outcasts). I took Take prisoner + Research Mission.

Summary:

The crew was insanely mobile, but I almost got tabled anyway. Still, I was able to score loads of points and just danced around him. I had essentially 0 cards for actually fighting duels, and Reva was never in range of getting + to flips. Basically Reva, Yin, and Dead Rider acted as super mobile scheme runners.

Felt like a very strong crew for corner deployment (and symbols of authority with Toshiro to defend). But would never want to take this crew on anything but corner deployment - you end up in combat too fast and have no cards left for combat after summoning and target numbers. It wasn't uncommon for me to be forced to use a 10+ on something like Ride With Me, as all the target numbers were essential.

Corpse candles make the first point of research mission pretty trivial, but the second point required having three models alive across the centreline- wasn't going to happen. But the symbols were super easy to get, as there was no way he could defend all of them at once and my models could happily move 12-14" and still claim a symbol (through severe terrain as well!)

Big lessons

Be extra conservative with allowing them to hit you. There's never enough cards in hand to waste any cheating defensively. The best defense is being unreachable. I should have put Reva in safer positions, as I ended up losing her end of turn 3 I think, whereas I'd prefer to lose her end of turn 4.

Toshiro + Restless spirit are just such an insane value package for bogging the enemy down in your own base (although not convinced it wouldn't be stronger to just take Kirai OOK, I don't tend to play double masters).

Yin hiding in a forest is surprisingly tanky, and with Grave Spirit's Touch she can stay in the game pretty well. She dropped down to 1-2 life repeatedly throughout the game.

Overall, since you can't score first turn, I wish I had held my riders back a bit more. But the package of double riders means just insane reach for everything on the board, which was really powerful. There were no cards left to take advantage of that for killing (I killed one model all game), but the scheming power of this crew was crazy - especially as Rider, Reva, and Yin all have a way to get out of engagement and still cause an interact (Yin using it on someone else).

Hope this is useful to some folks!

P.S. Would it be better if I posted all of these in one thread, or do people like the one-thread-per-crew format?

• Like 1