Hamelin vs Jakob Lynch

Zebo

Well, even thinking I was gonna move to try other masters, I ended playing again Hamelin in my last game. 

Recover Evidence

Flank

Let them Bleed, Vendetta, Spread them Out, Breakthrough, Take Prisoner. 

I decided to go with Hamelin because, although I wanted to try Jack Daw, I was scared of TT and their Ruthless models, so I gave another shot to my favourite Tyrant. 

My crew:

Dejad Que Los Niños Se Acerquen (Outcasts)
Size: 50 - Pool: 6
Leader:
  Hamelin
    Servant of Dark Powers
Totem(s):
  Stolen
  Stolen 2
  Stolen 3
Hires:
  Benny Wolcomb
  Nix
  Obedient Wretch
  Malifaux Child
  Hodgepodge Effigy
  Winged Plague
  Winged Plague 2
  Prospector

I now have my own play, in wich my opponent is not included unless he/she rudely interrupts me. The Two Winged Plague starts my machine by eating cheese from the Stolen and dropping 4 scheme markers, while the effigy drops the fifth and both Malifaux Child and Prospector tries to add some extra markers with their appraise and Malifaux Mining Law. Benny Summons rats, Nix tries to delay the enemy and the Obedient Wretch keeps distance and finishes blighted models. All this while Hamelin stands in the middle of the swarm moving Vermins, turning rats into Rat Kings, luring enemies and making the rats explode. 

My opponent played this list:

New Jakob Lynch Crew (Ten Thunders)
Size: 50 - Pool: 5
Leader:
  Jakob Lynch
    Trained Ninja
Totem(s):
  Hungering Darkness
Hires:
  Gwyneth Maddox
  Kitty Dumont
  Mr. Graves
  Beckoner
  Beckoner 2
  Illuminated

I went with Let them Bleed and Vendetta (OW on Illuminated) thinking that the druggy would come to the center, and put the Intel tokens on Huggy, Graves, the Illuminated and the Beckoners. 

My opponent put Intel Tokens on both WP, Benny, Nix and the OW. Then put some Brilliance on Hamelin, Nix, Benny and the OW. 

Turn 1: both stoned for cards, in my case the hand was terrible even after drawing two extra cards. 

I put on the engine. I didn't hesitate in cheating two severes my only cards above 6) from my hand to make the WP fast. My luck didn't included any extra marker from the Prospector nor the Child, but at least you flipped a 8+ with Benny when I needed it, so good turn. 

Jakob killed one rat with his Derringer, and not only no one came near enough to be lured, but also the Illuminated run far away to the corner, too far from the OW to be reasonably sure that she was gonna be able to attack him even on the third round. 

Kitty Dumont run up to the other corner and dropped a scheme marker, and everything was screaming Spread them Out to me. 

I sent Nix to deal with Kitty, and deal 1 damage and 2 Blight to her. 

Huggy Obeyed one WP to come near him, 

Hamelin turned lured back the WP, and turned the four raining rats into a angry, Fast, Focused +7 Rat King. Then focused and hid again, scared of being lured by the Beckoners. 

Turn 2: both stoned for cards. 

While my opponent moved and tried to do things, I was turning wheels of the engine again. 

Kitti did a couple damage to Nix, and the Beckoners lured recklessly the Rat King, so I decided kill them both with it (I couldn't remove the strat marker the first dropped because the Rat King was in range of the other Beckoner bonus action, wich allowed her to deny my interact actions by removing blight from the vermin, and since it had cheated twice near them, it had two brilliance tokens, so I decided instead to go kill the other Beckoner. 

Jakob built some more Brilliance and them killed the Rat King and summoned a new Beckoner, who walked and lured Huggy. 

Hamelin also lured Huggy, and make a couple. Rats to explode and put some blight on it, while the rest of the rats where out of his LoS. 

The Hungering Darkness killed the poor OW and obeyed one WP to kill the other one (Lucky double Severe flip on damage) and healed himself. 

But this let the bubble with some extra rats and scheme markers. 

Gwineth Maddox run to Nix and shot nix twice, but despite very bad defense flips, Incorporeal and ss helped him to end with 4 Wd remaining, wich he recovered in his activation when attacked twice Kitty and put some extra blight. 

End of turn 2: no score

Turn 3: 

The Illuminated from the flank dropped a scheme marker, while the summoned Beckoner dropped the third in the middle before dying. 

Jakob shot Gwinneth to place Huggy in charge range to Nix. And the Hungering Darkness made Nix lose a couple of wounds (thanks to incorporeal and ss). Then Nix killed Huggy with two Bleeding Disease and avenged the OW. 

Benny summoned some more rats, plus the already summoned from previous turns, I was in 10 rats. 

Then Mr Graves finally breaked into the rats, pushed one and stood there, denying charges around him, but heavy surrounded. 

Hamelin lured Mr Graves moved the rats around, made two of them attacked graves (with so many rats each one made 4 damage to him) and 4 of the others turn into a Rat king (only Focus +6). Then made one of the rats explode and kill Graves. 

The remaining WP removed Mr Graves's strat marker. And the two previous rats (one of them fast) turned into a Rat King (Focus +8) and placed in base contact with the enemy scheme marker from the middle and removed it, denying the Spread them Out point; that same Rat King charged the Illuminated, but failed the Terrifying. 

End of turn 3:

Plague: 1 (Recover Evidence) 

Honeypot: 0

Turn 4: 

My opponent started failing to kill Nix with Gwinneth Maddox, and I replied with the Rat King killing the Illuminated. Jakob also tried desperate to walk twice and shoot at the good boy Nix, but it didn't matter, since he healed again and made some good damage to Kitty with Bleeding Disease (she didn't died). At this point we decides to call the game, since my opponent was taking bad decisions due the desperate situation. He was not gonna score anything, and he couldn't stop me from scoring two extra strategy points and the last point from Let them Bleed (Gwineth was hurt from Jakob's shot). 

Final score:

Plague: 4 (3 from Recover Evidence and 1 from Let Them Bleed) 

Honeypot: 0

Another fun game, with each piece doing its job. Really surprised with the insane amount of damage that the rats can do. Then game went smooth because my opponent took some bad decisions, like sending two non-beater henchmen to deal with Nix, or let Graves alone in the swarm. 

I like how my crew works. 

• Like 2