Players/stock in China?

Huang Da Wei

• 4 months later...

None that I am aware of. I lived in Shanghai, and it was dominated by GW and Privateer Press. They even held nationwide tournaments. I saw a bit of other games while there, but never Malifaux. The market is really too small right now to support multiple games.

Good luck to you.

• 2 years later...
On 7/22/2020 at 9:11 AM, regleant said:

None that I am aware of. I lived in Shanghai, and it was dominated by GW and Privateer Press. They even held nationwide tournaments. I saw a bit of other games while there, but never Malifaux. The market is really too small right now to support multiple games.

Good luck to you.

Hi regleant, do you still live in Shanghai? I've been learning and playing Malifaux since last June. And I know of 3 or 4 other local players, maybe we could have some friendly games?

4 hours ago, RayIch said:

Hi regleant, do you still live in Shanghai? I've been learning and playing Malifaux since last June. And I know of 3 or 4 other local players, maybe we could have some friendly games?

Sorry, I do not. I returned to the US in 2018.

If it helps, at the time the biggest (only?) place in Shanghai for miniature wargaming was on the 8th floor of Joy City next to the movie theater, South Side off of line 8 Qufu Rd / Xizang rd., exit 1 (per Baidu Maps) For the life of me I can't find the characters for the mall if you want to take a taxi(大悦城 maybe). The front is a coffee shop, with the gaming and such in the back. But 4 years and 1 pandemic later, not sure if the shop is still there. Of course there were 3 Games Workshop stores in Shanghai, but that doesn't help anyone.  😆 I can also ask around to see if they are still open, but most people I know there either stopped mini war gaming or left China. 

12 hours ago, RayIch said:

Note, if you could find that QQ chatroom mentioned by LokiAuel, that may help. I personally couldn't figure out QQ and just used WeChat. :) 

Also, a buddy of mine confirmed the shop I mentioned above is still open, at least the last time he visited. So that's good news.

17 hours ago, regleant said:

Sorry, I do not. I returned to the US in 2018.

If it helps, at the time the biggest (only?) place in Shanghai for miniature wargaming was on the 8th floor of Joy City next to the movie theater, South Side off of line 8 Qufu Rd / Xizang rd., exit 1 (per Baidu Maps) For the life of me I can't find the characters for the mall if you want to take a taxi(大悦城 maybe). The front is a coffee shop, with the gaming and such in the back. But 4 years and 1 pandemic later, not sure if the shop is still there. Of course there were 3 Games Workshop stores in Shanghai, but that doesn't help anyone.  😆 I can also ask around to see if they are still open, but most people I know there either stopped mini war gaming or left China. 

Thanks for your kind and detailed guidance. Actually, this is the club I usually go to, despite some difficulties, it is still in business and having many members. And it is still dominated by GW and Privateer Press🤣

If anyone in Shanghai sees this post and wants to play a few rounds of Malifaux, please feel free to contact me. I will not leave Shanghai for the next few years.