Another Hazardous Marker Question

Vatic

Question

I have (another) question regarding hazardous markers and resolving their effects.

A model charges through a pyre marker towards Iggy.

After resolving the push, the charging model gains burning from the pyre. This triggers Iggy’s Misery aura, which lets him push the model 2”. Iggy uses this push to push the charging model back into the pyre marker.

Does the charing model gain a second instance of burning from being pushed back into the pyre?

A few bits a relevant wording for this one.

Misery:

After an enemy model within :aura6 gains…[burning]… this model may either move it up to 2” or have it suffer 1 damage

Hazardous terrain:

After a model moves through or resolves one of its actions while in Hazardous Terrain, it suffers the effects of the Hazardous Terrain after the current Action or Ability is resolved (to a maximum of once per Action or Ability).

I think the key part is the parenthesis in the Hazardous Terrain rules “to a maximum of once per Action or Ability”. I could interpret this as allowing the burning to be applied twice (once for the Charge Action and once for the Misery Ability). Or that the Misery push doesn’t apply an extra burning, as we are still resolving the effects caused by the same charge action (once per Action).

1 answer to this question