Is there too much Scheme Marker hate?

Math Mathonwy

16 hours ago, Adran said:

I agree that movement is an often hidden cost for scheming, but all models need to move. So a generic 4 stone model will have to move as much as a generic 8 stone model. You are slightly more likely to get good speed on a higher cost model, but its not a given.  (the 3ss Canine remains is the 4th fastest Resurectionist at only 1 move less than the dead rider, Reva and Shikome. This is an extreme example. What a good schemeing model wants is  the ability to drop a marker even if it starts the turn engaged and the ability to get them where it needs. This might be good mobility or it might be actions like the Mechanical riders that let you drop a marker in a certain area. Survivability is useful at helping it reach its job, but its not essential in every game.

I think that we largely agree on this point. To clarify, when I say 'mobility' I am including things like agile (able to disengage), the Insidious Madness being able to scatter or walk through terrain, Philip and the Nanny using deadly pursuit to escape engagement, teleports on Widow Weaver and Bandersnatch, Archie using a bonus action to leap, etc.

Having a reliable way to exit combat is at least correlated with higher costs from what I've seen.

Of course the ideal scheme runner can do all these things at a cheap cost, but that's still usually reliant on other models, I think? Crooligans are the clearest example of this, being able to teleport, but relying on another model to do the initial positioning. Canine remains, on the other hand, cannot easily escape engagement, so I wouldn't fully consider them as 'mobile' as say a Bandersnatch.