Last list you played: Arcanists edition

Gnomezilla

For release day I had to return to my stompybots...Ramos’ stompybots, which I had set aside after their last outing during beta (and before evasive was fixed to work as advertised).

Hoffman, mechanical attendant, steam arachnid swarm x2 & diesel engine x2, mecharachnid x2 & soulstone cache x2, soulstone miner & magical training

Call this list “Bait Von Schtook into Advancing”. :P I have had trouble with the abundant HtW on his side, so the mecharachnids slotted in as counter-picks. On his side he started with three students of steel. Fair’s fair.

The swarms devoured two students of steel (one upgraded) and a necropunk before their reign of terror came to an end. And that was just what they killed outright. Von Schtook didn’t get a summon out until turn four, as Hoffman could keep up with the Valedictorian’s damage output and the buffed healed mecharachnids cleared out the other necropunk and claimed turf markers and stoned down damage to nothing.

Vendetta on the Valedictorian could have gone a lot better on my part, if I had twigged sooner that she would take more damage from Hoffman pulse damage than melee damage. But then, Dig Their Graves would have gone better for Von Schtook had he not kept on dropping markers too close to mecharachnids.

Without Augmented wanting their power tokens, I felt very free to spread out after the turn one mechanical attendant pulse. It was a different sort of game than the usual Hoffman, to start. Once I claimed turf markers it reverted to a game of buff-and-heal as my stompybots fled those quarters and converged back at the center.

• Like 2