Question about Inscription Talent from Into the Steam

Joe Sansone

Looking for some guidance on the Inscription Talent.  It reads that the user can add to one single Grimoire in their possession.  Players are already asking questions.  

1.  What happens if I lose that grimoire?  - I would say then another one could be inscribed.  Anyone play this differently?  

2.  Can I inscribe in my grimoire and then trade it to another caster for his?  Then inscribe that one?   - I’m torn on this one.  Ideally, we’re not talking a huge impact of power level, but this does mean for one talent and some Literacy, every caster in the group gets a larger grimoire.  Thoughts?

Thanks.

Joe

From the FAQ thread:

I think it comes down to this:

1.  It's a talent slot and spending points in Literacy.

2.  In order to do this thing, a player has to give up their current grimoire and do without it for a time period.  The biggest limitation you can put on this is to have adventures happen during that time period.

3.  Like it says in the entry, "Malifaux is a magical place, and most Grimoires "want" to become more powerful".  

It's totally something that should draw unwanted attention to the players based on how much they take advantage of the ability.  Or, for that matter, the character with Inscription gets to find out what it's like to be the goose that laid the golden eggs, and what it's like to be on the receiving end of one of those "an offer that you can't refuse" offers.