Rising Sun Vs. Cheating Bastard

qoob

1 hour ago, qoob said:

Have you played Huggy more defensive? Or hunting more on the outside? 

I actually did that in my last game, but he just becomes a bigger magnet to kill. Your opponent will try to get the jump on you, even if it's a suboptimal play for himself. Killing Huggy permanently is a huge drop in power for Lynch for any upgrade he's rocking. CB is the least affected ofcourse, but it still loses around 50% value.

The downside to playing a safer Huggy is a more exposed Lynch. I took 3 stones this game and had to burn all 3 of them to keep Lynch alive. This also meant I couldn't swap back to The Rising Sun as I didn't have the stone difference anymore. You should always keep that in mind as well!

• Like 1

I'm not an expert Lynch player but this week I finally tried him with the new Cheating Bastard.

I had a very strange game, with horribles control hand for 3 turns despite mulligans+Woke Up With a Hand+Emissary card cycling trigger from (0)push.

In any case I liked the upgrade. Really. I think is really good for his 1SS cost if you are not much scared about Huggy death before turn 3.

1. Cheaper than others limited.

2. Huggy charge under fast + recalled can be really annoing when your opponent have always to cheat first. He probably wastes a lot of high cards early in the turn if he want to win duels.

3. Huggy can sometimes survive attacks for the same reason.

4. Huggy can  be also played as support for your crew (he still a good option for a 0SS activation).

5. Same for Lynch. Great buff for offensive duel and a bit more survability.

6. The buff is spread to every model near him and huggy, this is very good option for models who really want to enable nasty triggers (lone swordsman, oiran's lure, Ama No Zako...) because you can cheat when you're are sure the duel is alreay won.

7. Show mask to do something.  A free "under the influence" is great, free markers in base contact to huggy and lynch is really good too. This saves Lynch APs and make Huggy a good (fast, incorporeal) scheme runner, healing 2WD is hardest to trigger but still really good. You can still draw 2 with Woke Up and then chose show mask due the same timing.

I think I'll make other games with Lynch with this upgrade soon. Very versatile.

22 minutes ago, Piccio said:

-snip-

Did you take the TCW as well? You mention not being scared of Huggy dying before Turn 3, so you took a TCW for Turn 4 onwards?

The upgrade is indeed a really good 1ss value, but I'll never feel safe without being able to go for The Rising Sun in case of need.