Carrying weapons and other items in the city proper

MackMcWicked

So I know the guild frowns on unsanctioned magic.  what about firearms, swords, constructs?

For instance I assume a pistol or knife is fine and concealed.  on the other hand a huge heavy weapon is not.  What about the middle ground?  A rifle, a sabre, a combat construct.  Just looking for some flavor guideline as I see the guild as fairly draconic in their controls.

Malifaux is dangerous, even Downtown which is largely safe sees some action *the Guild Enclave has been attacked how many times now?*   Lucky for most of the people the number of guild patrols there at least can respond quickly and with force but elsewhere in the city is not quite the same.  I imagine anything larger than a pistol and knife would stick out downtown.  But at the same time you are unlikely to be to bothered if you have something like a single handed melee weapon unless you look out of place downtown.  Dirty cloths and a wild eyed look while carrying a visible machete or meat cleaver at your side? Ya you are going to draw attention faster than a presentable clean individual with a saber or dueling blade.

That said you get to the Northern New Construction Zone I imagine stuff like Long Arms and shotguns are less concerning due to the number of mercenaries that operate out of the area not to mention less Guild Patrols period *More likely to run into the local militia then guild guards*.  That said a Heavy Weapon is another story as those would still be out of place roaming the street.  Then you got the Riverside slum and the eastern edge of the Central slum where the Guild guard presence is slimmer to nothing and you are unlikely to have much problem with real authority *local gangs are another issue but can be handed in a different manner*

• Like 1