All Factions Rankings?

SurreyLee

Hi All, 

Having looked at my rankings in tournaments it struck me that aside from Guild I've played all factions. To address this I will be playing Guild at a tournament this year....because. It got me thinking, would it be fun to have a ranking each year for those that have played one of each faction over a 12 month period? An average of 7 results maybe taking the best 4 (or all 7) but have to have played one of each? 

I'd even take it a step further and open up a Masters Spot for such a worthy player. 

Just my tuppence worth to add a bit of fun to all the faction hoppers that this game ultimately creates. 

What are anyone else's thoughts on this? Do-able?

15 minutes ago, ProximoCoal said:

I wouldn't add a Master's slot, but it might be fun if Kai and Jamie are willing to put the work in. 

I'd say it should take the best result from each faction result and be out of seven events to be a true "rainbow warrior" 

It was intended to be a bit of fun really. The theory behind the Master slot was almost like a wildcard element. After all, they'd be the best player of a certain type. Personally, i'd likely also give one to the winner of both English, Welsh and Scottish GT's as well. With Nationals and The Rainbow and previous Masters Winner? That leaves a potential 10 spots for rankings per se. But that's for others to make calls on. As said though, it was the wildcard element i liked. 

I like this idea. Have been chasing all 7 factions this year myself as well :) just thunders and gremlins to go!

And just a quick thought on single tournaments offering masters places - I'm not sure that's completely fair as some people are either unable to attend because of other commitments, or could be unable to get tickets due to the event selling out (eg nationals this year). But not completely opposed to the idea, there could be some legs in it!

13 hours ago, Hollingydale said:

I like this idea. Have been chasing all 7 factions this year myself as well :) just thunders and gremlins to go!

And just a quick thought on single tournaments offering masters places - I'm not sure that's completely fair as some people are either unable to attend because of other commitments, or could be unable to get tickets due to the event selling out (eg nationals this year). But not completely opposed to the idea, there could be some legs in it!

For prestige 2 day events only. surely fairer than not being able to make 4 events minimum through the year?