TTB Free RPG Day

spect_spidey

According to the Free RPG Day site there will be a TTB Penny Dreadful One Shot. But it also says that there will be a Through the Breach minis set. Anyone have any idea what this might be? There is supposed to be three of them to a box (the same amount as the One Shot). The only TTB minis I am aware of are the male and female multi-part kits. I don't see full sets of them being given away. I have tried numerous Google searches with no results. If anyone can provide details on this, please post. Thank you.

• Like 1

I managed to get a little sneak peak of the miniatures given out for free RPG day.

I don't know know how much I can or can't say, however. Not sure how "under wraps" It's supposed to be buy what I will say is most malifaux and ttb players should be pleasantly surprised by it.

• Like 2

I don't know why it should be a big secret. My local store told me that they should have their box this week and would let me know as soon as it comes in since I run other RPGs for them. Based upon your response Kyris, does that mean it is a mini with a card to make it usable in Malifaux as well as TTB? If so, what faction is it from, is it a mercenary? You have increased my excitement for this. I can't wait to see what it is! :D

• Like 1

It's definitely a mini that can be used on both. as for what faction? Multiple. ;)

My store only had one pack of 3, so maybe there will be different models in different packs, the feeling I got from the pack I took a peak at was very much "random assortment".

• Like 1

So the shop owner wouldn't open the Free RPG Day box for me, even though one of his employee's had said they would when it came in. So I still don't know what models are in there. There was a Malifaux tournament though and one guy at the tournament runs rpgs at another store in the region. He said his local store got two Resurrectionist models. I can't remember what one was, the other was a mindless zombie. He said the third model was a Guild Witchling Stalker or Handler. I can't remember which.

Does this match or resemble what you saw at your local store Kyris?

• Like 1

9 hours ago, spect_spidey said:

So the shop owner wouldn't open the Free RPG Day box for me, even though one of his employee's had said they would when it came in. So I still don't know what models are in there. There was a Malifaux tournament though and one guy at the tournament runs rpgs at another store in the region. He said his local store got two Resurrectionist models. I can't remember what one was, the other was a mindless zombie. He said the third model was a Guild Witchling Stalker or Handler. I can't remember which.

Does this match or resemble what you saw at your local store Kyris?

Kind of but not exactly. my store had an outcast and two resurrection models.

Eh, screw it. I'll just give it away and hope I don't get in trouble!(here's hoping!)

the models were all limited edition colors; two clear plastic and one alternate color plastic. and they were(drumroll please)

bubblegum pink Malifaux child. Clear red Bete Nior. and I didn't get a good look at the exact *model* to confirm if it was alternate color or translucent plastic. But it was a graveyard spirit.

Interesting, so it appears that they very well could be random. The guy at the tournament didn't mention them being a different color. So I guess they either weren't or he didn't find it worth mentioning. I will be happy as long as at least one of them at my shop is an Outcast or Ten Thunders. Even if they aren't, I am sure I can find a use for whatever model in Through the Breach rpg sessions.

So my store had received one Free RPG Day box and inside it was the following three miniatures for Malifaux.

Malifaux Child - pink

Bete Noire - translucent red

Witchling Stalker - translucent red

While not anything outstanding, I did get the Malifaux child since I play Outcast. For 2 SS, it might be worth using sometimes for a bit of healing.

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/18/2017 at 9:03 AM, spect_spidey said:

So my store had received one Free RPG Day box and inside it was the following three miniatures for Malifaux.

Malifaux Child - pink

Bete Noire - translucent red

Witchling Stalker - translucent red

While not anything outstanding, I did get the Malifaux child since I play Outcast. For 2 SS, it might be worth using sometimes for a bit of healing.

That gels with what we received.  The module looks very neat too.