Brewmaster campaign!

Cthulhurising

So we're starting up a campaign and I just got the Closing Time box set, so it's new and Shiney and I'm going to do a brewie themed crew!

Going for thematic and effective  (as much as you can be)

So my list build to start is

Fingers

Whiskey Golem (with barrel up) 

Sparks (every machine needs a mechanic. And taking him for hostile work enviroment with some damage or scheming available and of course for fast)

So the last 8 points I'm debating on and where I need my help, Burt would be a solid choice. But I'm worried about lack of shooting. Any thoughts? 

Survivor and a bayou maybe? 

Thanks for any feedback! 

Fingers can bear the brunt of your Interacting style stuff so I would opt for killing power with the rest of the force. I vote for Burt (who is great when you can heal him with Fingers).

Also, I could see Fingers being interesting in the campaign if you manage to give him a flame thrower or a relic hammer or something :P 

• Like 1

See, that's kinda where I was at too. I got lucky enough to get a piglet a change of station twice to be an enforcer and a relic hammer I gave him which was just comedy. (The model I sculpted to represent that is my favorite piglet model too)

My only issue against burt is he's so much better in melee. Though slippery into a self healing whiskey golem or fingers is also a good time too.

My last campaign I started with

Fingers

Gracie + Saddle

Burt

It was pretty strong. Fingers just denies so many schemes and can easily accomplish most. Unless your opponent can remove armour dealing with Gracie is pretty hard to do. At the start I usually focused on just 1 scheme and the strat to maximize script and construction material. I think taking whiskey golem instead of Gracie should work similar. The crew is just fast enough you should be okay in the start to have a small elite crew. 

On 4/6/2017 at 1:58 AM, Math Mathonwy said:

Also, I could see Fingers being interesting in the campaign if you manage to give him a flame thrower or a relic hammer or something :P 

Did my first rapid growth league with Brewie, I got really good with him

and Fingers ended up with a machine gun and regen.  He quickly went from scheme runner to heavy hitter