So many masters, so little time

Uprisng

Hello everyone

I recently started Malifaux with some of my friends wanting to start playing on the side to our other hobbies.  I have played years of 40k and AOS, but want to try something a little different hobby wise.  I am more of a painter, and can't wait to get started.  Currently, I only have the $15 rule book and no crew.  I currently have six to eight master in mind to start with,  but still can't decide, sadly.  I hope you guys can help me down my road to insanity in the world know as malifaux.  this is going to be fun. 

P.S.  What the point of the old avatar models, can they be used in the game at the moment? 

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Uprisng said:

Hello everyone

I recently started Malifaux with some of my friends wanting to start playing on the side to our other hobbies.  I have played years of 40k and AOS, but want to try something a little different hobby wise.  I am more of a painter, and can't wait to get started.  Currently, I only have the $15 rule book and no crew.  I currently have six to eight master in mind to start with,  but still can't decide, sadly.  I hope you guys can help me down my road to insanity in the world know as malifaux.  this is going to be fun. 

P.S.  What the point of the old avatar models, can they be used in the game at the moment? 

Welcome!

First off the Avatars count as their faction's Emissary. For example, I, and many others, use Hoffman's Avatar as the Brutal Emissary.

Which Masters are you considering? 

6 hours ago, Masquer said:

Welcome!

First off the Avatars count as their faction's Emissary. For example, I, and many others, use Hoffman's Avatar as the Brutal Emissary.

Which Masters are you considering? 

Thank you for the warm welcome, and explaining the avatar models.  My hobby store has a lot of them on sale, and I was wondering what they were used for. 

I started a new topic in the Faction discussion.  I spent a long time thinking about this, and trying to get it right the first time. Here a link(long read): 

Here a summary of my top 7ish(in no order) due to lore/models(I do not know the rules yet, so gameplay is unknown):

Kirai, Msmourning, reva, Marcus, Dreamer, Hamelin, and Titania or raspuntia.   

Thanks for reading (feeling people are going to say Ressie, but I would like input/advice). 

Welcome!  I use Pandora's avatar (well, the tentacle'd half) for the Mysterious Emissary.  I also use the Pandora half as my Pandora. ;)  The only caveat is that, if you want to go that route, you'll have to get the books to make copies of the cards, or order them from Wargamevault.com, and there's going to be 10 or so cards per Emissary.