As Leaves on the Wind

Kad Baz

Question

Had a question come up while T.O ing a tournament today, and I am wanting to check my reasoning and see if folks think it is sound. I'm acting as the ringer with Kirai and my opponent is playing Titania. My opponent activates Aeslin, successfully casts (0) As Leaves on the Wind (...enemy models within aura 6" suffer negatives to cast duels until the end of the turn.) My opponent then targets a model of mine with (1) A Wicked Silence, which is a Cast Resisted by Willpower. My opponent's contention is that my model is at a negative when defending because A Wicked Silence is a cast duel. My contention is that I am not at a negative as it is not a cast duel for the model defending, it is a Willpower duel. I cited the example of Pandora's Fading Memory, which only only triggers when she defends with her Willpower, or casts Incite, which uses her Wp to cast. Which of us is correct? Has there been a ruling on As leaves on the Wind that I missed? Thanks in advance.

3 answers to this question