Best place to start

Moefear

I've played D&D for off and on for 30+ years.  I love Malifaux and I was going to try Through the Breach out.  I was going to play with my son and daughter (who falls slightly into the autistic range).  My son and me play games all the time, but I thought playing an RPG with my daughter would help her develop some problem solving skills, some social skill,.... 

Anyways I don't see on any of the adventures a level range, so I have no clue what a good beginning adventure module is.  Maybe TTB doesn't have traditional levels, but I'm guessing there has to be some progression, so which ones are starter modules?  Also where do I find the modules level ranges?

Yeah. Through the Breach doesn't use levels.  Instead, the characters have a fate they are going to either achieve or deny. The fate is made of of five sections.  The campaigns are short term not extended. So one of your players should achieve a fate step each session. If you have three players,  your campaign should last about 15 sessions (some session may have more than one fate step achieved) 

So,  really any of the Penny Dreadfuls or One Shots could be starter level. Having said that, there are a few that are intended for starting characters and even have pregen characters to get into the game quick and try it out before creating a character. The ones I would recommend are: Recruitment Drive,  Sixteen Tons, and Legacy of Darkness.

Also,  the main rulebook you will need is the Fated Almanac. The Fatemaster almanac is useful.  But not essential. Into the Steam,  Into the Bayou and Under Quarantine are great for fleshing out other areas of the world of Malifaux and adding addition character tweaks,  skills and pursuits (classes) for the players. 

• Like 1